Original Post

Kamino GA Starfighter explodes without obvious cause

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Starfighter keeps exploding in Galactic Assault on Kamino
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PGombi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 04/28/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:30 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Second stage, start as Fighter class, chase the enemy and drop below the landing platform level.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ship explodes without obvious reason. No mid-air collision, no enemy fire.
What do you expect to see? Not to explode and respawn.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Happens four times during this video:

https://youtu.be/pf1oTxfWLCI

Message 1 of 8 (532 Views)

Re: Kamino GA Starfighter explodes without obvious cause

Hello @PGombi75

The hit detection in the starfighters is sometimes really bad. If you fly close to a wall it will register a hit and make you instantly die, no matter what health. (I hope to see this fixed sometime).

Before anyone mentions that you were lagging while recording the video, please look at this time https://youtu.be/pf1oTxfWLCI?t=2m29s

You can easily see that there is obviously NOTHING in front of him. Even with lagg, it wasn't possible.

So my guess is there is a bug in which you can fly against invisible walls? No idea, but will definitely try myself.

Message 2 of 8 (506 Views)

Champion
Hello @PGombi75 @DYSPROssium
FYI, I once threw a grenade towards the landing pad. Just as a star-fighter swooped in to shoot, it hit the star-fighter and killed it. Only happened 1 time in so may moths of playing, but it did show as a kill. LMAO. It happens. Wonder what the star-fighter saw as the Killed by???
GLHF
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 3 of 8 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello @DYSPROssium @Major-Band1t

Thank you for your comments. I was curious about the lag being a possible reason for this problem. So I reset my internet connection and tried again.

See the video, this time without the lag and far away from the landing pads.

https://youtu.be/IwQ28nSjrCQ

Message 4 of 8 (461 Views)

Champion
Hello @DYSPROssium, @PGombi75 @EA_Atic

Looks like you hit a Kamino tidal wave or a dead spot in that area. Could be a bug, but also could be a low spot on the area for out of bounds. Think about falling off the platforms on Kashyyk. As a player you die well before you hit the ground. Or when you fall into any of the numerous holes in the game. Sometimes you are safe but stuck and sometimes you die on the way down but never hit the bottom.

Hey Atic, this vid looks like a glitch because he should be able to pull out of the dive, but the game is treating him like a trooper with no means to get back out. However it does look like the AI fighter can go lower.
He does not get the KILL either. So he hit it with a missile and scored damage points, but the enemy fighter must hit the low point. Wonder why he didn't get the kill or the assist?? Perhaps the missile never hit and the explosion was the defeat...

My only suggestion for you is to not go this low!!
Message 5 of 8 (448 Views)

The second video of you @PGombi75 really shows that it is, in fact, a problem (not lagging or flying against things). Thanks for the additional video, will certainly help to solve the bug.

@Major-Band1t You are probably partially right. The droid ship seems to be able to fly lower towards the water then the clone ship does, around the area where normal troopers would die.

So my guess is, that it depends on certain vehicle types? I have not tested this myself yet but will certainly do when Kamino comes along.

Message 6 of 8 (441 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks @Major-Band1t for the tag!

Thanks @PGombi75 @DYSPROssium for the report and information! I have sent this on to the for investigation and the video that you did upload do really help! 

Thanks guys! 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 8 (434 Views)

Champion
No worries. Glad to help
Message 8 of 8 (425 Views)