June 3, 2020 patch BUG

by Zildywen

Original Post

June 3, 2020 patch BUG

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? No idea where this is but the game is to date.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open game in Orgin. Click Load game. It gets to the blue screen like it's loading then closes the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above.
What do you expect to see? I expect when a patch is gone live for it to be tested and WORK and EA take responsibility and admit that THE PATCH is wrong - especially when several people in this thread have reported this bug. Yesterday my game was launching perfectly. Today it is not (Big surprise!) after installing the patch. Either roll back the patch or fix this already please.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 3's patch.

Fix this.  The problem is obviously today's patch.   Yes I repaired, blah blah blah. 

Message 191 of 485 (569 Views)

Mac Users: June 2020 Patch Crashed My Game

★★★ Novice

Hey Folks. 

I wanted to touch base and see if anyone was having the same issue. I have a Macbook Pro 2019 model. 

After installing the Patch Update for June 2020, my game will not open past the main menu screen. After pressing the play button, it crashes. 

I did take out all mods, repaired game, restarted my computer. I even took out my saves and the game DOES work. But do I have to sacrifice my saves? Because I'll be really sad :'( 

Message 192 of 485 (520 Views)

Re: Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

★★★★ Novice

Wait patiently for a fix. They cannot offer solutions to you if none exist. They are not wizards. 

Message 193 of 485 (809 Views)

Re: June 3, 2020 patch BUG

★ Apprentice
@Zildywen One more note: You can tell the game is about to crash while loading in the blue screen because the music changes / sounds laggy.
Message 194 of 485 (558 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No they can’t but what they can do is give people updates.

Message 195 of 485 (797 Views)

Re: Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

★★★★★ Novice
Message 196 of 485 (748 Views)

★ Guide

@SimifyMeCaptain We are all waiting, but it is very frustrating to have to wait a long time for an update due to a problem caused by them and not by us, and they still do not update us with information about the problem. The game is not cheap and I want to play the way I used to.

Message 197 of 485 (719 Views)

Re: Game Crash after June Update- Mac

★ Apprentice
@ajbero21 Update: this happened to a new save I created too, however, it happens less consistently. The loading screen with the plumbob also just reads "ok."
Message 198 of 485 (777 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I begin to think it's caused by the makeup.

The UI is also unstable sometimes.

Message 199 of 485 (867 Views)

Re: June 3rd update takes me back to xbox home screen

★ Guide

I can get some of my saves to work but one I was playing right before I updated now shuts down my game when I try to open it. I just aged up my hundredth baby in that save yesterday and I would like to save some of the sims from my challenge. 

Message 200 of 485 (534 Views)