Jump pad sound glitch

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Shockr88TV
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. runoff
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. spectating
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? several
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04.06.19 22:08 CST
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Sound Glitch. Jump pad sound effect goes continuous, causes errors with other sounds, eventually dropping footsteps, gunshots, etc.
What should be happening instead? not that.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? watch the vid

Video shows it, lead in provides the setup of me dropping a jump pad and later dying on top of it, not sure if my loot box had something to do with it, but if it did it wasn't instant, it sat there for a minute on the pad (maybe someone off screen stepped on it).  Sound Glitch starts around 1:18.  Video runs until spec'd players get far enough away that the sound can't be heard, and it seems like other sounds come back.  I have no idea if other players were experiencing the same, the action really never died, but at one moment the player didn't seem to notice an enemy shooting at him till he passed in front..  FWIW I don't normally encounter sound/gameplay issues.

https://youtu.be/FRGYCMWrVoc

Message 1 of 11 (1,159 Views)

Re: Jump pad sound glitch

Community Manager

Thank you for the detailed post. We're seeing another bug with jump pad sounds after the update so they may be related. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

had the same bug only I was playing Lifeline myself. My friend played Octane. We both had the sound playing at random moments.

Message 3 of 11 (1,097 Views)

★★ Apprentice

fix the f** jump pad sound bug never stop my ear like bomb when its starts one time and not stop bug fix new update high ping bug fix the new update disconnect slow motion  or stop creating new bugs stop game here is shittyy bug video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR_yewIEuxw 😠😠😠😠😠

Message 4 of 11 (1,066 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Also came by this bug yesterday. I played with two friends and they all reported hearing the same continuous jump pad sound effect and getting sound problems after coming close to the jump pad.
Message 5 of 11 (963 Views)

★ Pro
can confirm this bug.. (playing caustic) the jumppad sounds keep repeating (sometimes after pressing ctrl)
Message 6 of 11 (953 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I get the bug no matter what character I use. Anytime I hit a jump pad it will repeat. Around 7-10 second I tervals and the sounds will randomly play up to 3 times in those 7-10 seconds. I avoid them at all cost.
Message 7 of 11 (925 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same issue. So damn annoying. I'm getting bug without even using the jump pad. 

Message 8 of 11 (915 Views)

★★★ Novice

I, too, encountered this issue this morning. A few additional notes in case they are helpful:

• First jump pad was placed in the water to the West of Slum Lakes. The issue started after hitting it for the first time, and continued to play the sound as if hitting it at zero range (no matter how far away I moved).
  • Second person in my party hit the jump pad and triggered the issue for them, as well.
  • After dropping a second jump pad and hitting it, the sound of both jump pads would play intermittently. The sound effect would stack with each consecutive jump pad.
  • Going down did not eliminate the sound.
  • Going down and being revived did not eliminate the sound.
  • Dying did eliminate the sound.
Message 9 of 11 (902 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hit this bug this evening as well. The Octane on my team threw a jump pad and when I hit it, I started hearing the bug. It got worse and worse to the point where I was unable to hear anything else.

Something worth noting is that whenever the jump pad sound would play, my character would stutter slightly in their movement, which made this bug far more severe for me as it was no longer just an audio bug, but a gameplay bug as well.

Hope it can be resolved soon. I'm on Windows 10, GTX 2070, Intel 9700K, on board audio on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra motherboard.

Message 10 of 11 (895 Views)