Sept 2019 update (4.4) - One Frame insta-death STILL a thing. (Video PROOF)

by Adman_Tor

Original Post

Sept 2019 update (4.4) - One Frame insta-death STILL a thing. (Video PROOF)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? DICE
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30.05.2019 17:30
Summarize your bug STILL dying to single-frame deaths. This was supposedly addressed but it's still happening very frequently. This is still one of the most MAJOR bugs/issues with the game that already has a very high TTK/TTD. NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play brokenfield.
What happens when the bug occurs? Damage stacks into a single frame instead of correct damage reporting that allows you to react.
What should be happening instead? Correct damage reporting.

NA.

Message 1 of 20 (1,418 Views)

Re: May 23 update - One Frame insta-death STILL a thing.

★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this too (xbox) mostly with the tommy gun. I haven't had network stats turned on to confirm but I've been one hit in the face across 50-80m+ from a tommy gun which seems fishy.

Was this on the new map? Because it seems most common for me there.

Message 2 of 20 (1,379 Views)

★★ Pro

Watching LevelCap playing at EA play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKeO1uPdjsc

At 4:19 in the video you will see him go from FULL health to death in a single frame. This is on a LOCAL game at EA play... FIX THE GAME!

Message 3 of 20 (1,344 Views)

★★ Pro

AND at 15:16 on this Broken Machine video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgbKkwIxmP8

Enemy had 19 ping so NOT a connection issue but ACTUALLY a one-frame death bug...

Message 4 of 20 (1,330 Views)

I've been noticing this for at least a few weeks now; it's not nearly as bad as it was before but happens enough to leave you frustrated

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 5 of 20 (1,320 Views)

★★ Pro

I haven't noticed a single improvement on this issue since the launch of the game. At least now I can show some videos to DICE/EA to show that when they "fixed it" they didn't fix anything.

Message 6 of 20 (1,316 Views)

★★ Pro

Would like to tag @EA_Blueberry & @EA_Atic  to see if we could get a response/address to this video evidence.

Message 7 of 20 (1,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @Adman_Tor,let's do this. When playing can you activate Network performance Graph and you will see each shoot hitting you and you will see each bullets network stats per bullet hit you in a time frame. 

A recording of any instant kill kills/death with that graph on will help tons.

How to activate Network performance Graph:

image.png

Looks like this in game: 

image.png

I have tried this my self and poked our Dev team and its working as it intended. The TTK is the same as Battlefield 3 currently. 

Let me know if you got any questions. 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 20 (1,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Thank you for the reply @EA_Atic 

The videos I posted are not my own. one is LevelCap and one is The Broken Machine. ONE of the videos is from the EA Play event so should likely have been played on a local server.

Please look at the videos and see that I am referring to the TTD BUG and not the TTK that you mention in your post. Please explain how the current TTD/TTK can get you killed with a single bullet from a KE7 that is shown in the video? What I pointed out in the videos is CERTAINLY the TTD insta-death (one-frame death) bug and not TTK related.

I think once you watch the videos you will see that there is still a major TTD issue with the game. Your reply definitely drives home my thinking that you aren't aware of this and it isn't being looked at.

Message 9 of 20 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @Adman_Tor, I understand the argument you are coming from I can clearly can see the instant death that they received in videos.

I have had a similar experience with instant death around the corner, I use the performance graph to see if everything was normal and it was working as intended when I have shown the Graph to the team. 

Here is an example graph that you get the one shot, that was 15 ticks to the server for that to happen, I'm looking at examples like this to see what is going on. 

image.png

/Atic

Message 10 of 20 (1,242 Views)