by onemorekayaker

Original Post

[JtB] Pickpocket action has no effect outside of Batuu

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but HSY, MWS, and DHD.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim. Give them the Sleight of Hand trait that you get as a result of completing the Galactic Privateer aspiration. Bring them to a regular world such as Oasis Springs (any world but Batuu). Try to pickpocket a sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can select the "pickpocket" action, the animation plays, but no simoleons are awarded.
What do you expect to see? I expect to get simoleons when pickpocketing a sim outside of Batuu, just like you're able to get simoleons when doing the "swindle for credits" action or playing sabacc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started a new rags to riches challenge, this time limiting myself to using only Batuu interactions/missions as a way of making money. I noticed after completing the Galactic Privateer aspiration, which unlocks pickpocketing for sims, that the ability to pickpocket simoleons in lieu of credits when away from Batuu has stopped working. The option to pickpocket is there in the social menu, and the animation plays, but nothing happens and no simoleons are awarded.

I play around with Sims4Studio sometimes, and I took a look at the loot tables for the Scoundrel pickpocket action - the loot table for that action does include simoleons, in addition to credits and Batuu-specific stuff, but it isn't working for whatever reason. It must have broken in some update.

Pickpocketing credits while on Batuu works just fine, its simoleons specifically that have stopped working.

Edit: after some poking, it looks like its an easy fix. On line 192 of the code for the batuu_Aspirations_Scoundrel_Pickpocket.InteractionTuning file, switch "blacklist" to "whitelist" and you're good to go. I posted a modfix on Nexus Mods. I don't believe we're allowed to hyperlink in these forums, so just look up my username on the site - it's under "Journey to Batuu - Pickpocketing Fix."

Message 1 of 1 (533 Views)