Joining a friend’s game on PC

by NeoExcidious

Original Post

Joining a friend’s game on PC

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Placed in perpetual loading screen when attempting to join a friend’s game that is full, for the second time.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? NeoExcidious
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 01/16/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Always occurs
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? PNT (MST) - GMT - 7:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to party system (top left main menu). Select player that is in a full game. Join Game. Wait for the “placed in queue” message to disappear. You might also be able to force the bug to happen by hitting join again.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to join on a friend using the party system, if the game is full, you will initially get a message saying “game full, placed in queue”. However, if you wait for the queue, the message will disappear shortly, and then trying to hit Join Game again will put you in a loading screen for that map indefinitely. Basically, it doesn’t actually load the game, you’re just stuck and have to restart the game. You can clearly see this because the usual loading animation in the top right of the screen is not there at all and no amount of time waited will make the game load. This also occurs if you tab out while waiting for the queue. When the queue message disappears, you can no longer join on any of your friends without experiencing the issue (perpetual loading), until the game is restarted.
What do you expect to see? Queue working as intended. Not having the placed in queue message disappear. No perpetual map loading screens.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I can record this if you really need me to, but this is very easy to verify.
Message 1 of 9 (1,267 Views)

Re: Joining a friend’s game on PC

★ Apprentice

The UI for joining game with friend is totally messed up, since the launch. I don't even know how they released it like that.
Before the update, the message saying you're in queue also disappeared unexpectedly sometimes, and the join button appeared but was useless.

Now after the patch, as you said, if clicking the button while the game is still full, you'll end up in an infinite loading screen.

Message 2 of 9 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

After further testing, it seems that you are actually still in the queue when you get that infinite splash screen, and the game will start loading should a spot become available. A similar issue occurred when I tried to join a friend's game from Origin, during an actual match. The splash screen came up and covered the entire screen, except I could still hear my current game running.

Message 3 of 9 (1,197 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Please also add a Leave Queue feature. Currently, if you hit join on a friend’s game that is full from inside a match and you change your mind, there’s no stopping the automatic join until you restart BFII
Message 4 of 9 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue expect I play on PS4. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,143 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem on PS4 too.

Message 6 of 9 (1,088 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This issue should be resolved in Update 2.0 arriving on 3/21.

Message 7 of 9 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Novice
This issue is still not resolved.
Message 8 of 9 (970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

No it isn't, and Devs and EA seem to care nothing about this issue. My way of avoiding this is trusting in the force. If you attempted to join a friend's game, and suddenly the Awaiting in queue message disappeared, fear not! Just patiently wait without entering any other match and you should be dragged into the game whenever a spot is open for you.

Also never tries to follow a friend and then join his group, or you'll get into the eternal loading screen too.

I've never left the eternal loading screen without having to reset the game, but as it was mentioned in this thread it is possible to join a game if you keep waiting, I'll do this test next time I play to see if we can wait in this screen indeed, or if we're forced to reset the game anyway.

Message 9 of 9 (951 Views)