Re: Joined TW but not in TW when launched.

by CG_MindTricks

Original Post

Joined TW but not in TW when launched.

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iphone
OS Version 12
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 373459749
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug I was signed up for TW, and have a pic of it since this has happened before, but I am not in TW. I enjoy the game mode, I am an officer and now can't help and I am missing out on rare rewards like GET and zetas.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to join a TW
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I was signed up for TW, and have a pic of it since this has happened before, but I am not in TW. I am on the list as bishop-lod and there is no join button for me. When TW launched I cant get in.

I enjoy the game mode, I am an officer and now can't help and I am missing out on rare rewards like GET and zetas.

IMG_3414.png
IMG_3415.png
Message 1 of 14 (687 Views)

Right now there is a visual bug where the "Join" button is grayed out. You can still click on it and it would have joined you in the TW.

This is the same as the last 3-4 TWs.

You see that picture above, where you're in the list with a "-" by your name - that means you're not enrolled. That is your indicator that you needed to join. Same with the other 6 members in your guild who didn't join in (at the time of your picture).

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

But I did join, I remember hitting the button and I did the territory commands. 

I can't join the TW in this pic anyway if I do have '-'. The button isn't an option to 'click'.

Are we just supposed to know to click buttons that are grayed out as not an option? That is pretty poor.

Message 3 of 14 (643 Views)

Unfortunately, the grayed out button is the visual bug right now. I think it's very unfortunate that in several weeks they haven't been able to fix a minor graphical error like this.

You actually could have clicked it. Next time something like this happens, I suggest you ask here before the setup phase starts - we could have directed you to click the button and instruct your guildmates to do so as well.

Community Manager (retired)

@ABRAHMKING Hi there,

We checked your account and our records show that for this specific Territory War (17/09/2018-20/09/2018) you left the event on 2018-09-18 at 19:25 UTC.

Do you think you might have accidentally left the event yesterday at the specified time?

Any details you can provide might be useful.

For the next TW, do you think you can take a screenshot showing your Player name on the joined list during Preview Phase? This is just in case it happens to you again.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 14 (599 Views)

★★ Novice

That’s weird but definitely possible. I have abandoned a raid while my phone was in my pocket before. 

So so if I left, and my screenshot actually seems to indicate it as well now that I look at it, why don’t I have a join button? If I would have seen a join button like normal I would have been fine?

Thanks for pulling the log as well. Weird but I can’t argue with it. 

Message 6 of 14 (582 Views)

That Join button in your screenshot was it. It is grayed out, but it still works just fine.

Hopefully all these additional reports will result in that bug getting fixed sooner rather than later!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Quick question about that, as this happened also to someone in my guild. you stated her left the war 19:25 UTC? I may be way off, but wouldn't that be after the setup phase began?

Message 8 of 14 (567 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@gannon009 Thanks for pointing that out. I will look into it and come back to you.

Message 9 of 14 (547 Views)

★★ Novice

My screen shot shows that with 33 min left in player lock, I am not registered but that I can't join the TW either.

I take screenshots after this happened about 5 wars ago about 30 min prior to TW launch when I set up my mods for TW. If I would have seen the Join button highlighted this would have been not an issue but this visual bug cost me several zetas and my other officers their time to cover my responsibilities with TW.

Message 10 of 14 (538 Views)