Jedi knight luke leader ability not working in separatist assault battle

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Apple iPad
OS Version 13
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 587741283
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Jedi knight luke leader ability not working in separatist assault battle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the separatist assault battle with jedi knight luke as leader
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I'm running Jedi Knight Luke, Hyoda, GMY, Jolee and GK in the assault battle against the Separatists. Given the speed the opponents are running at and the number of turns they are taking before I get a turn, it's pretty clear Luke's leader ability reducing the opponents' speeds to his base speed is either not working or you have disabled it without notice (despite the fact that this is not a raid that warrants disabling the ability). Last time I ran this team and made it through all tiers in one try. This time, because of the bug/intentional meddling, it took me 3 tries to do the second to last tier, and I can't even get past wave 4 in the last tier. In wave 3 or 4 the opponents take enough turns to kill 2-3 of my team (including Jolee) before I ever get a turn. This is also despite ramping up Luke's speed with assists in the prior waves. 

Message 1 of 4 (437 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Jedi knight luke leader ability not working in separatist assault battle

[ Edited ]

@FuzzEGub Hello there. I've played all three challenge tiers with no issues with JKL lead this morning.

JKL only reduces the enemies speed when he gets a turn. It doesn't apply automatically at the start of an encounter. Failing that, are you running a faster JKL than than last time you did the event?

Also, the stacking speed JKL gains from attacking out of turn or being critically hit resets at the end of each wave. Abilities that state "until the end of the encounter" reset between waves/phases, whereas those that state "until the end of battle" do not reset. 

After the first wave you should be able to keep the speed of the enemies locked down. Kill the last enemy with the Heroes Arise ability to make sure JKL has 100% TM in the next wave, so that the speed reduction kicks in straight away.

If none of this correlates with what you are seeing can you grab a video? 

Hope this helps. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (424 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@FuzzEGub Hello there. I've played all three challenge tiers with no issues with JKL lead this morning.

JKL only reduces the enemies speed when he gets a turn. It doesn't apply automatically at the start of an encounter. Failing that, are you running a faster JKL than than last time you did the event?

Also, the stacking speed JKL gains from attacking out of turn or being critically hit resets at the end of each wave. Abilities that state "until the end of the encounter" reset between waves/phases, whereas those that state "until the end of battle" do not reset. 

After the first wave you should be able to keep the speed of the enemies locked down. Kill the last enemy with the Heroes Arise ability to make sure JKL has 100% TM in the next wave, so that the speed reduction kicks in straight away.

If none of this correlates with what you are seeing can you grab a video? 

Hope this helps. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (425 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

It was working fine for me. Like Christoph said, it only applies when Luke takes a turn. So first wave, you will have to sit around a take some hits before your fast Jedi can use Luke's granted ability.

Jolee is kind of a waste of space here; if your Jedi are weak enough that someone dies at the beginning of the first round you can put in Revan for Savior.

For wave 4, make sure you end wave 3 with someone near 100% tm so they can use the special and give Luke a turn right away. Sometimes it's worth using a mass-assist to end it if that means someone can have near 100% or if you can get Luke to 100%. Between Luke's special and the event special you can give him 3 turns in a row.

Message 3 of 4 (396 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @FuzzEGub,

We've tested this and Jedi Kight Luke Skywalkers leader ability "Return of the Jedi" is working as intended in the event. As the others said, the speed reduction only comes into effect, when it is his turn. Assists and bonus turn won't trigger it.

Message 4 of 4 (371 Views)