Original Post

Accepted Solution

Jedi Master Luke Efflux debuffs not being resisted

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? S10E
OS Version 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug JML Efflux ability is applying breech debuff thru tenacity up.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use teams shown in screenshot. Have both JML use Efflux ability as opening move. All jedi will have Tenacity Up except the JML that went first when breech application is attempted. In screenshot below my JML went first and used Efflux, all opponent jedi had Tenacity up and resisted debuffs as expected. Opponent JML then used Efflux Ability and it should have only applied debuffs to wat and my JML, however even Jedi with Tenacity Up had breech applied Both JML have all abilities maxed except ultimate ability
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

.image.png

Breech Applied thru Tenacity Up

Message 1 of 13 (1,098 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Jedi Master Luke Efflux debuffs not being resisted

EA Live QV Team

Hi guys, and thanks for your patience.

This has been raised for further investigation to the team.

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (899 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

It seems if you target a unit without Tenacity Up with Efflux it will bypass the tenacity up.

In the below I Targeted WAT with the 

My guess is it is only applying the resistance and speed reduction to units with Tenacity Up

Target wat

Message 2 of 13 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I can confirm that breach and also TM reduction are being applied through tenacity up.  I have yet to see the ability block go through however.

Also, this has occurred for me with two full Jedi teams.  The OP's conjecture about targeting a unit with no tenacity up may be correct.

The JML that moves 2nd is able to apply buffs to the JML team that moved first by targeting the JML who lost his tenacity post 1st turn.

Message 3 of 13 (1,066 Views)

★ Guide

It is not conjecture. 

If you target a unit (jedi or not) with out tenacity up it can happen

I have tested multiple time and also the mechanics (as shown on swgoh.gg) show that it is not filtering out units that didn't get the first part (armor modification) when it applies the second part (resistance modification) and the speed reduction.

Message 4 of 13 (1,062 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Someone posted another bug report where Slave I's Seismic Charge is being evaded by everyone if the target evades. I wonder if something broke in general with AoEs.

Message 5 of 13 (996 Views)

★ Guide

I don't think so over all.

If you look at old Ben's Mind Tricks for offense down and JML Efflux for breech mechanics on swgoh.gg you can see a difference in how the un_resistable parts apply

OB mind tricks special damage reduction (unresistable)

"This effect will FILTER OUT available targets based on the previous effect's target(s) that failed to execute the effect"

Previous effect is the physical damage reduction (resistable)

JML Efflux resistance reduction and speed reduction (unresistable)

"This effect will EXECUTE if the previous effect successfully executed"

Previous effect is armor reduction (resistable)

So if armor reduction lands on one unit it will apply resistance and speed reduction to all.

So Mind Tricks checks which units the Physical Damage reduction (resistable) apllied to and then applies the Special Damage reduction to those same units (unresistable)

Efflux only checks if the armor reduction (resistable) applied to any unit if it did it applies resistance and speed reduction (unresistable) to all units.

Slave 1 AoE is similar to OB mind tricks in that it will only do the health damage to those units that it did physical damage to.

Unfortunately evasion info is not really shown in .gg mechanics so hard to say if the damage is dodged by one it is dodged by all, but that should definitely not be the case.

Message 6 of 13 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@scuba75  so is the bug that breach part 1 has success = any(armor_reduction_applied), whereas success should be elementwise?

Message 7 of 13 (966 Views)

★ Guide

Efflux attempts to apply Breech_armor_reduction to all enemies

It will be resisted by those with Tenacity up

It may apply to those without Tenacity up.

next in the order of operations it looks to see if the Breech_armor_reduction applied if it did it will apply the breech_resistance_reducation to all enemies and if that applies (which it will because it can't be resisted) it will apply the breech_speed_reduction to all enemies (which also can't be resisted)

What it needs to do is filter out the enemies that the breech_armor_reduction did not apply to and only apply the resistance and speed reductions to those.

It is normal for the 2nd, 3rd etc parts of a debuff to be unresistable as it doesn't make sense for each part to go thru the resistance check, however it should only be applied to the units that received the first part.

Hope that makes sense

Message 8 of 13 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just to add further credence to the theory that targeting someone without Tenacity Up will apply Breach to the entire team, even if they do have Tenacity Up, I've attached a screenshot. As you can see here, Rey is the target and Breach has been applied to the whole team except Hermit Yoda, who evaded the attack.

efflux_bug.png
Message 9 of 13 (917 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This bug is having a material effect on JML mirrors because even though JKR lead offers Tenacity Up that can be bypassed. A clever attacker can avoid the disadvantage of having a slower speed JKR.

Message 10 of 13 (859 Views)