Re: Jedi Master Kenobi event crash report investigation (log request)

by Gosso153

Original Post

★★★ Novice

168-685-646

iOS 14.7.1

9/24/21 8:00 am PST

9/25/21 6:45 am, 7:00 am PST

Game has crashed 3 of 6 attempts so far. First time it crashed was after I had completed my first attempt for Tier 1. It happened right as the cinematic of kenobi landing started. That was yesterday for me, today it’s crashed twice more but mid battle, as grievous is doing his AOE ability after one of his magnaguards die.

Message 91 of 566 (2,056 Views)

★ Novice

644-338-284

first 2 crashes were iPhone/iPad iOS14.7

saw suggestion to try Bluestacks, 3rd crash was 09/25/2021 about 5:15PM PST

Message 92 of 566 (2,027 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_HighCommand Will we get the lost GL mission currency back? It’s been awhile since my reports and no response.
Message 93 of 566 (2,014 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think it’s clear that @EA_HighCommand have no intention of demonstrating anything other than greed and exploitation of the swgoh community, here is what they consider the “accepted solution” to this crashing issue costing players days of LS ticket farming:

67BC08C0-E872-450D-8B58-D94E2BC84760.png
Message 94 of 566 (1,990 Views)

Jmk tier 1

★★★ Newbie

I was doing tier 1 of jmk after I had spent 150 crystal worth of light side currency and the game crashed in the middle of the battle I lost my light side currency and along with it my 150 crystal you guys definitely need to reimburse me for 150 crystal or 15 light side currency ! Thank you 

Message 95 of 566 (1,860 Views)

EA Live QV Team
@dyse4212 We are still investigating every report but have not yet found a common cause for the crashes reported. We are collecting further data to aid the ongoing investigations. As for a refund of the tickets used, that is up to the studio team to decide.
Message 96 of 566 (1,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there any possibility of getting a refund in the near future? I lost tickets before and I will lose them again, but this time it's not even my fault for bad playing/RNG. This is why more people leave the game everyday, because CG doesn't care about their community

Message 97 of 566 (1,909 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand  Instead of “hot-potatoing” the compensation issue over to CG, how about you contact them on behalf of all the players commenting here and get it done, it’s really not that hard. Give us crystals at the very least 

Message 98 of 566 (1,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ally Code: 615-459-853

Platform: iOS - Apple iPhone XS Max

Date & Time of the crash: 10/1/2021 at 7:33 AM (CST) & 7:37 AM (CST)

Device Logs: Won’t allow me to attach logs. During the “battle” the in-game sounds began to clash and sound like white noise then proceeded to shut down. Upon a second attempt, the during the Kenobi GL event, the game began to make the same sounds and froze.

Message 99 of 566 (1,856 Views)

Jedi Master Kenobi Event Tier 1 Crash - Still an Issue and not "Solved"

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone XR and Samsun Galaxy S8+
OS Version iOS 14.7.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 644228634
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug The game crashed after attempting Tier 1 of Jedi Master Kenobi unlock. This was on Attempt 5 of 8 I planned for this morning. I was in the middle of the battle, and General Grievous used his first special, Grievous Wounds, which resulted in a frozen screen wit ha harsh sound playing. This was on my Samsung Galaxy S8+. I then used my iPhone XR after consulting the troubleshooting page (to cancel background apps, make sure everything was up-to-date, and switch devices). I got thru attempts 6 and 7 on my iPhone before the game crashed during Attempt 8 in the opening cinematic when Grievous ignites his lightsabers, resulting in the same freeze and noise.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the Tier 1 event of Jedi Master Kenobi Unlock, watch the opening cinematic or go thru the battle and let Grievous use his 1st special, Grievous Wounds.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I've attached transcripts from tech support, who weren't entirely helpful, and only redirected me thru troubleshooting steps I had already completed.  This is also an issue posted ealier, and it is definitely not "solved" as the thread title indicates.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Jedi-Master-Kenobi-Event-Tier-1-Crash/td-p/10495849

Once I get more tickets, and especially once I'm done with the event, I'll gladly record myself doing this event multiple times to show this has not been fixed.

Message 100 of 566 (1,880 Views)