Re: Jedi Master Kenobi event crash report investigation (log request)

by Frank-Ironman

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Tried the screen recording and was able to start the battle and then it crashed. This is now 4 crashes out of 11 attempts. In total 60 tokens lost. Getting very frustrating based on the resources used to get to this point. This last attempt happened at 10:18 pm est. 

Message 51 of 569 (2,350 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand Attached is the report for my 4th crash on tier 1. 

28A2BF10-2D4F-4E96-B1B2-6AF949BF84BA.png
Message 52 of 569 (2,341 Views)

★★ Novice

I managed to get a couple more successes on android but it still errors out.  Today at 8:13am MST it crashed with the same issue.  It seems just as GG gets his turn it crashes.  This is getting ridiculous.  You spend a ton of cash on gear only to get slapped in the face with some seriously buggy code.  No confirmation from EA or CG regarding this bug is starting to shake my confidence in this game.  Losing Lightside Currency is starting the frustrate the (*&#$ out of me.  Any chance of getting some additional information on this issue and a potential fix?  

Message 53 of 569 (2,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
  • Ally code:  595-197-965
  • Platform: iOS 14.7.1
  • Date and time of the crash (please add your time zone!):  First occurred Aug 30th, 2021 but has happened multiple times since then, most recently on September 2, 2021 at approx 10:55am.  Time zone Eastern Standard.
  • Device logs:  Instructions were not helpful in obtaining device logs.
  • Any additional details:  Crashes happen without warning once the event has begun, and have occurred on tiers 1, 2, and 3 of the event.  There does not appear to be any pattern to the crashes; the screen suddenly goes black and the game closes.  The crashes have probably happened on about 30% of my attempts.  I have closed/reopened the app, and reinstalled the app, however none of these steps seem to have made any difference.  I have had this issue both while using WiFi and cellular data.  Have now lost approx. 100 light side currency due to crashes; hoping this can be replaced as farming takes quite some time...
Message 54 of 569 (2,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  1. Ally code: 594-265-597
  2. Platform iOS 14.7.1, iPhone Xr
  3. Data crash: 04.09.21, 06.09.21 (UTC+3)
  4. crashes were observed on different versions of ios, with different internet connections. also in departures occurred at different points in the test. losses in fragments are now 30 pieces. since the error is massive, I hope the developers will correct it and make compensation, since the extraction of the shards is difficult.
931F2D6D-4474-4FBD-B6E6-699B6A4F9A7C.png
1EC54977-AFD9-405D-8867-4B489C97D25C.png
Message 55 of 569 (2,250 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ally code: 859-256-324

Device: I-phone

Most Recent Time of crash: 11:55 PST September 6 2021

Description: Third time that the Phase One GL Kenobi event has crashed during battle resulting in total loss of 45 GL tokens. I believe the correct device log is attached.

21D4BF29-77F7-4C3B-A2D0-E9B6DB8DCF14.png
EE129028-9E4D-4D94-86ED-22FBC27B758E.png
Message 56 of 569 (2,209 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is the 2nd time the JMK event has crashed on me. The first time was my 1st time playing the event. Today it happened in the same spot. About 3/4 of the way through the mission that costs 15 tickets. So I’ve now lost 30 tix. I had no issues with the other tiers.

Ally code: 447-228-943

crash: 9-6-21 12:59 PDT 

I’m playing on an iPhone 6SE. OS 14.4.1  

I’ve been working for months to unlock this character so to lose these resources so close to the end is deeply frustrating 

Message 57 of 569 (2,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ally Code: 292-698-737

platform: iPhone

Date/time: 7th September 2021 approx 7:10 GMT

Additional info: this wasn’t so much a crash as an outright failure to load. Game times out with error messages about connection, despite being fine, and then requested a restart after it had deducted 60 LS tokens despite the fact I’d never even entered the event. 

Thats 60 tokens and two days of crystal refreshes totally 300 crystals that have been totally wasted. 

on top of that, the report page is so bad I couldn’t even log my own issue, so any hope I have of a personal solution are slim to none. 

Message 58 of 569 (2,185 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the kebobi event crash this morning at 0828

Ally code 591-814-426

Crashed at 08:28 am central time 

Platform Android 

The game crashed mid way through the battle 

Message 59 of 569 (2,172 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
  • Ally code:orRj0BSGTJ2dwGFEcHhsSA profile Ironman
  • Platform: Android
  • Date and time of the crash (please add your time zone!): I have had two identical crashes. First one was at 07. september 2021 around 12:05-12:10 and the second was at 08. september 2021 around 10:55 Timezone: GMT+2
  • Device logs (a guide on how to get the logs can be found HERE) I can not find that option on my phone.
  • Any additional details:
    I am missing the last ultimate token and in both cases I have been using crystals to get the 50 refreshes and the 100 refreshes. When I was over 70 light side currency I pressed on the Journey Guide from the cantina lobby. I then press on the featured Jedi Master Kennoby picture and came into the event. I have done all the other tiers without any technical problems and I am now on my last tier with the last Ability Material Ultimate. I have 11 and is missing the last piece. When I press Battle in the right bottom corner it starts the loading screen, but after a second or two it frezes on the loading screen. Second time I made a recording of the loading screen and a screenshot. Because of size I have only added the screenshot to this post.

I would love to help fix this problem, because it keeps happening and it cost me progress in the game. I have tried ingame Help option, but they say they can not help or refund crystals. So that was a great help and it is quite demoralizing to be so close to finishing JMK, but getting a technical bug that makes me loose progress.

To quote Princes Leai, Help me, you are our only hope

Frank Løvgren Carstensen
    [edit: email address removed]
Screenshot_20210907_120948_com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row[1].jpg
Message 60 of 569 (2,140 Views)