Re: Jaro Tapal fight won't end

by wrex218

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

The fight against Jaro still doesn't end. Have tried suggestions for which I thank everyone,but have tried it with keyboard+mouse and game controller, so despite two updates since first writing about this problem it still doesn't work. Jaro Tapal does NOT say the line which enables me to trigger the response i.e. Cal putting away his sabre. What waste of time. Sad this is the third Cal I have tried this with and still it's wasting time when I have other equally good games to play. Ceitic

Message 11 of 29 (1,887 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

A further reply - hope I'm not boring everyone. I just played the scene again and I notice that my Cal strikes Tapal with a spit-sabre but when Jaro blocks the attack C al is holding a double-sabre though from the position of his arms would indicate that he is supposed to holding two short-sabres. Is this normal??? Or an extremely annoying b ug???? Ceitic

Message 12 of 29 (1,878 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Did you try to shake the mouse at the blocking scene ? Exactly this did work for me the second time Standard smile

Message 13 of 29 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well, I’ve tried it with both the keyboard/mouse and the best wireless Xbox controller on the market and the problem persists. I just can’t get past this part of the game. I did it one time with the controller and have no idea how. Now I cannot repeat what I did. It's very frustrating since I really do like the game otherwise.

I have a brand new high-end gaming PC setup and high-end gaming keyboard and mouse so, I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Windows 10 Home, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, ASUS TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (WiFi) Motherboard, ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti Video Card, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ADATA RGB Memory, 1TB Intel M.2 NVMe SSD

Processor:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Processor (12x 3.8GHZ/64MB L3 Cache)

Motherboard:

ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WiFi)

Memory:

16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB - White

Video Card:

ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)

Power Supply:

750 Watt - CORSAIR TX750M 80 PLUS Gold

Asetek 690LS 360mm Liquid Cooling System

BTW I've tried all the suggested fixes and nothing works with any consistency.

UPDATE Sunday 1/20

I finally found the solution to my issue of not even the controller working at this point in the game.

After striking with the split sabers and getting locked together I was pressing the B button constantly and nothing happened to except I kept getting my butt kicked over and over. Well, I found out that I needed to press that button repeatedly and no hold it down.

That worked, and it has now worked twice for me in this game it also worked with the second encounter with Darth Vader at the end of the game when the door opens. I was just getting instantly killed after locking lightsabers with him. Well, no spoilers here, but if you hit the B key repeatedly while at the same time hitting the key to ask BD for help you will continue the game instead of dying instantly.

I still cannot get this to work with the keyboard/mouse combination.

I am using the Xbox one elite wireless controller series 2 on my PC 

Message 14 of 29 (1,726 Views)

★★ Novice

I am playing on a PS4 and can't get the fight to end either. I can't out of the room and when I restart the game, I'm stuck in the same place. HELP!

Message 15 of 29 (1,667 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don’t play with a PS4 but the solution above should apply just the same. When you lock sabers with Jaro Tapal instead of pressing the indicated button constantly, press it (repeatedly as fast as you can). This should work.

Message 16 of 29 (1,657 Views)

★ Novice

Even with a controller, I can't get past this scene. It is just and endless battle.

Message 17 of 29 (1,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@nataliejcaseAgain I suggest. When you lock sabers with Jaro Tapal instead of pressing the indicated button constantly, press it (repeatedly as fast as you can). This should work. It also applies in the last battle with Darth Vader.

Message 18 of 29 (1,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

press "evade" repeatedly

Message 19 of 29 (1,331 Views)

★ Apprentice
@pacmandu87 Exactly correct, this works as I said above.
Message 20 of 29 (1,325 Views)