Jango not preventing TM gain from burning

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? My phone
OS Version Thats not the issue
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 696-422-328
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug When jango applies burning, DN will gain turn meter from the application to Traya and Sion. Its exactly like how old daze used to allow dooku to counter attack and gain TM after being dazed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just use jango against the trio, have him apply burning and watch Nihlius gain turn meter.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Notice how in these screen shots Bossk has frenzy, so when boba uses this ability bossk will gain 100% turn meter affording 0 increase from natural speed passages.

IMG_4806.PNG
IMG_4807.PNG
Message 1 of 13 (1,422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Jango not preventing TM gain from burning

@Hartreq There is a difference between "cannot be evaded" and "cannot be resisted". The damage from Jango's AoE attack cannot be evaded, so it will damage all characters no matter what (though it may be difficult to notice among all that bonus protection on Bastila squads). You will see damage numbers over all characters when you use the ability (easier to notice on 1x speed).

The ability doesn't state "cannot be resisted", so the burning debuff still needs to go through the potency-tenacity check. Bastila teams have very high tenacity due to her leadership ability. Plus there is a lot of the "tenacity up" buff spread through the team via other Jedi, and this buff will prevent all debuffs except those that are labelled as "cannot be resisted".

Hope this helps.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (1,378 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
Same for me. Every time I apply burning they gain TM.
Message 2 of 13 (1,399 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm seeing the same issue
Message 3 of 13 (1,357 Views)

Does it prevent tm from being gained on subsequent turns?

There could be an issue with debuff timing here -
1. Burning is applied
2. Nihilus sees Sith allies get debuffs, so gains turn meter.
3. Burning will *now* prevent all turn meter gains.

Whereas players would expect to see:
1. Burning is applied.
2. Burning will *now* prevent all turn meter gains.
3. Nihilus sees Sith allies get debuffs, but his turn meter bar impotently refuses to move because of the burning.

Community Manager (retired)
Thanks for the report guys. We flagged this to be reviewed by the dev team to see what is the intended behavior.
Just as a side note, we tested this and it looks like Nihilus gains TM from his unique only on the turn when Burning is applied by Jango Fett. Once Nihilus already has Burning, he no longer gains bonus TM when allied Traya or Sion get inflicted with a debuff.
Message 5 of 13 (1,329 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Absolutely correct, ive been testing it and its just in that instance, but it changes it from my team going first to my jango going, then his DN and my CDs being increased. Easy wins are changed to hard losses
Message 6 of 13 (1,290 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
So the problem is all other AOE daze effects, single target daze effects, and even heal immunes like shocks apply the negative effect immediatly, so AOE dazes wont grant DN TM, shock wont heal kanan ect. So if this is the intended behavior, its way out of line with the rest of the game and i really wish i knew that before my investment
Message 7 of 13 (1,288 Views)

Hopefully they'll bring this function in-line with daze application. It seems to me like it definitely should work the way you expect, MC_Grex!

Hopefully it'll get flagged as a bug and fixed quickly.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

If the team comes to the conclusion that jangos burning should not be brought in line with other AOE "Daze" effects, is there any chance we could atleast get the resources folks who have invested in jango back and have the wording changed to reflect it as the outlier and have people choose wether they still want to invest?

Message 9 of 13 (1,194 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Hi all, so it seems this is working as intended. The AoE Burning is applied in an unpredictable order. If Nihilus is the first enemy to be hit with a Burning attack, the Burning debuff will block his TM gain. If Nihilus is not the first to be hit (instead Traya or Sion is first), the Burning debuff will trigger Nihilus' TM gain from his Unique ability. You see this behavior occur in AoE Daze as well.
Message 10 of 13 (1,095 Views)