Re: Issue with Journey to Batuu

by jebbits

Original Post

★★ Novice

I don't know how to do that. I'll try google it.

Message 11 of 24 (957 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I couldn't figure out how to do that.  I can get the Cheats box open and turn cheats on, but I don't know how to use the code.

Message 12 of 24 (943 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Just tried this and got the same problem but I found a solution.

I sent Eliza Pancakes to Batuu and left Bob at home. Eliza planned her Batuu outfit and the game switched to Bob, with both character icons grayed out and the camera still on Eliza. I clicked the lightning bolt on Bob's icon and chose Switch Control to Bob Pancakes. That got me a loading screen that put me back in Willow Creek, with Bob active. I clicked on Eliza's lightning bolt and chose Switch Control to Eliza Pancakes. That sent me to another loading screen and back to Batuu, with Eliza as the active character.

So, the solution is to Switch Control twice, first to the character at home and then to the character on Batuu.

Message 13 of 24 (926 Views)

Hero
@Sketch793 Could you try the cheat in Batuu ?

For me it worked fine when I tried it so wonder what the factors are.

And thanks for answering my earlier question if that workaround would work :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 24 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Modify in CAS has the same problem. In addition, Modify in CAS doesn't let you plan your Batuu outfit and won't complete the mission task. Switching control twice also works to regain control after Modify in CAS.

Message 15 of 24 (899 Views)

Hero
@Sketch793 Thanks for testing. For me it worked fine so I'm confused :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 24 (892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Encountered this bug with a test sim I used trying to check another bug.

But I did NOT encounter it with my sim in the original gameplay. Update: did encounter the bug with another sim from the same household.

So this is yet another "catch me if you can" bug...

Message 17 of 24 (828 Views)

Re: Batuu Bug?

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@RiverleighDid it work the first two times and fail on the third or did you do the third after the patch ?

I tried to duplicate this but it worked fine for me.

Can you switch to the female at home ?

Here's instructions hot to find your game version: hhttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M172242

@crinrict This also happened to me just now while playing on Journey to Batuu for the first time. The rest of my Sims family is back in Willow Creek and I went as my Sim to Batuu. Selected “Plan Outfit”, as this is a task in the gig section and upon exiting the Create A Sim section of Plan Outfit, it locks me out so now I’m unable to select and unable to use my Sim. This is a technical issue that needs addressing.

If you save before planning outfit, this is probably my best suggestion at this point, as I can’t seem to find a workable workaround. Frustrating!! 😡😡😡

Message 18 of 24 (782 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Sketch793 wrote:

I sent Eliza Pancakes to Batuu and left Bob at home. Eliza planned her Batuu outfit and the game switched to Bob, with both character icons grayed out and the camera still on Eliza. I clicked the lightning bolt on Bob's icon and chose Switch Control to Bob Pancakes. That got me a loading screen that put me back in Willow Creek, with Bob active. I clicked on Eliza's lightning bolt and chose Switch Control to Eliza Pancakes. That sent me to another loading screen and back to Batuu, with Eliza as the active character.

So, the solution is to Switch Control twice, first to the character at home and then to the character on Batuu.

@Sketch793 Where is the lightning bolt icon on the Console Edition of The Sims 4, specifically on the PS4 version of the game, I’ll try it out and I’ll try to confirm this as a suitable workaround.

Message 19 of 24 (781 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Sketch793 wrote:

@Sketch793 Never mind, I found the lightning bolt icon. So you’re saying that if I select “Switch Control to NAME OF SECOND SIM” then after the loading screen, select “Switch Control to NAME OF FIRST SIM”, it will allow me to resume control of my Sim? Then the issue here is a technical issue regarding character selection via the AI algorithms.

Message 20 of 24 (774 Views)