by jebbits

Original Post

[OPEN] [JTB] Planning Outfit causes game to lock to Sim at home

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 2 or more Sims. Take one to Batuu. Use the Plan Outfit option. Choose an outfit.
What happens when the bug occurs? When leaving CAS, the Sim left at home becomes "active" but not at Batuu. The Sims at Batuu is unclickable/unselectable. Reset Sim doesn't fix the issue. Happens every time, but seems to be a new bug as it didn't happen a week ago when I played.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to resume playing the Sim I have taken to Batuu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Sims had a recent update. The issue did not happen before this update.

In the picture attached, you can see the male sim is at home and I am playing the female sim at Batuu. I have just (for the third time) used the Plan Outfit option at the outpost and as you can see, neither Sim is selectable and the male sim is the one showing in the small frame. I am unable to click either Sim. Resetsim doesn't do anything. Also, I do not know what game version number I have, but my game is current and up to date.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 24 (2,171 Views)

Re: Batuu Bug?

Hero
@Riverleigh Did it work the first two times and fail on the third or did you do the third after the patch ?

I tried to duplicate this but it worked fine for me.

Can you switch to the female at home ?

Here's instructions hot to find your game version: hhttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M172242

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (2,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hiya

So it did the same "bug" 3 times in a row. I'm going to test it again today to see if it still does it.

The female was the one I was playing at Batuu. The male was at home. After I planned her outfit, I could not play either of them. Their little profile pics at the bottom were greyed out and although the male was showing, I could not control either of them.

Oh, and when I restart the game after this happens, yes I can click to either of them. It only happens when I make her plan her Batuu outfit in Batuu. Hope that makes sense.

Message 3 of 24 (2,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Riverleigh So you couldn't click on the arrow on him either to switch to him (sorry about the male/female confusion. I meant the Sim at home :D)

If you try the same but go to Batuu with him only, does the issue also occur ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (2,072 Views)

Issue with Journey to Batuu

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Strangerville, journey to batuu, get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I journey to batuu, I attempt the first task "plan your outfit". As soon as I am done planning my outfit and click "ok", it exits the "plan your outfit" screen and then it is locked on another sim at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? after planning my outfit and leaving the screen it gets locked on a sim at home.
What do you expect to see? i want to continue playing the game in batuu but it is locked on a sim at home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 5 of 24 (2,067 Views)

Re: Issue with Journey to Batuu

Hero
@jebbits Is the Sim at home the first Sim in the UI ? Does it happen if you go with the first Sim ?

I'm unable to duplicate this so far.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (2,037 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Crin,  Initially it wasn't the first Sim in the UI.  I went back into Batuu with the first Sim in the UI.  While I was able to move the Sim beyond planning my outfit, the game then defaulted to my second Sim in the UI.  All Sims were greyed out. I could still move my Sim in Batuu but I lost access to his tasks he needed to complete. 

Dave

Message 7 of 24 (1,997 Views)

Hero
@jebbits At what point did it default to the second ? After leaving CAS as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (1,981 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes...if CAS is where I go to plan my outfit.

Message 9 of 24 (1,956 Views)

Hero
@jebbits Does it also happen if you use a cheat to take the Sim to CAS ? Like use testingcheats, then shift-click -. modify in CAS or only through the JTB rabbithole ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (1,951 Views)