[JTB] Can't change color/style of the droid when creating one

by crinrict

Original Post

[JTB] Can't change color/style of the droid when creating one

Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to date (including early access Cottage living)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Travel to Batuu 2. Try to buy a droid 3. Try to switch the color/style of the head or after choosing one, the color/style of the body
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't change the color/style of the head/body once one is selected. You have to unselect the choice first, then you can select a new one.
What do you expect to see? Being able to switch style without having to unselect like before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Patch 1.77.131 and the fix for the droid purchase.

It is still possible to create a droid in the color/style you want but you need to manually unselect your choice.

Choices are selected, you can't switch

DroidSelected.JPG

Unselect, now you can switch

DroidUnselected.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (2,483 Views)

Recent Update (07/20/2021) Droid Issues

★★★ Newbie

When I try to make a droid, the menu to design the droid pops up, but I cannot select the color and/or design on the head of the droid. The latest patch solved the issue with the pop up menu not appearing when designing a droid, but now it does not let you select the color/design of the droid head. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,514 Views)

Re: Recent Update (07/20/2021) Droid Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Catdedyhumpdance Could you make a new bug report in the bug forum ?

Thanks

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

EDIT: It does work if you unselect the selection first. Still a bug but it's a workaround.

EDIT EDIT: Created a bug report and merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,482 Views)

Can't Pick Droid Head When Purchasing

[ Edited ]

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bowling Night Stuff, Island Living, Dream Home Decorator, Dine Out, Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, Get to Work, City Living, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the First Order district on Batuu, go to the Droid Depot, select “buy custom R-unit droid” or “buy custom BB-unit droid, then when trying to change the droid head the bug occurs
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to pic which head I want on my droid it selects the first option, regardless of what I choose, and won’t let me change it
What do you expect to see? I should be able to pick the droid head that I want, not be forced to have one
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 4 of 8 (2,439 Views)

Re: Can't Pick Droid Head When Purchasing

Hero
@0fb2c024889b45f1d48bc080c1b557c3 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Could you test if the trick with unselecting first also works for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (2,408 Views)

Batuu droid customization not working?

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC except Cottage living, home decorator, paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try making a droid and select a different color
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to create a droid and select another head for my droid, the page? resets and it won't let me create other colors of droids
What do you expect to see? I'm expecting to create droids with other head options.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm trying to create droids. I'm able to get to the page where the customizations are available, but it won't let me create droids with other colors. Whenever I click another color, it keeps refreshing to the first option.

Message 6 of 8 (2,330 Views)

Re: Batuu droid customization not working?

Hero
@eyj93 I merged your post with the current report.

Try unselecting your choice first, then select a new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (2,315 Views)

Re: Can't Pick Droid Head When Purchasing

★★★ Apprentice

I had run into this issue as well.  

Once I had the opportunity to return to Batuu (which was not immediate - I have a lot going on in that save), I tested Crin's work-around.

Beginning my selection by DE-selecting the red domed head at upper left, which was selected by default, I was able then to select a different head, and from there a body, and receive a custom droid as intended.

Message 8 of 8 (1,916 Views)