Re: Batuu resident generated as a townie.

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

[JTB] Batuu resident generated as a townie

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? A Batuu citizen is created as a random townie in Sulani
What do you expect to see? Batuu citizens should not be generated outside the Batuu world.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

2020-09-16_15-55-31.pngHere she is along with Beth and my Sim

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 1 of 12 (1,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

it was likely caused by the mods you have been using were you using any townie mods if so the only thing you can do is delete that townie and not put the mod back in unless your ok with that

happening many other people have had that issue with townie mods hope I helped

Message 2 of 12 (1,793 Views)

Re: [JTB] Batuu resident generated as a townie

★★★ Guide

I'm seeing the same thing. Kylo, Rey, Agnon and a plethora of other Batuu citizens are literally swarming my newest save. Practically every stall vendor, bartender, DJ, community gardeners etc are, with very very few exceptions, Batuu sims. I feel like there's an invasion going on.

I wish sims from Sulani, Selvadorada and Batuu would actually STAY there. Its very immersion breaking to see them roaming about like any other generic townies. A Sulanese sim should not walk around Willow Creek like some other Pancake.

Message 3 of 12 (1,763 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@comicsforever 

Please read the bug report.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 12 (1,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I play pur Vanilla and never encounter Batuu Townies in my normal World (after I was 2 weeks in Batuu)

Maybe this is Issues is truly a mod or old save are affected (I usually start a new save if there a big change so I dodge most of the heavier bugs (aka Gardening))

Update: I must say my normal Townie Population is very big.

Message 5 of 12 (1,748 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Kathykins 

In your case it looks like you have a certain Mod from Bienchen installed. Please only post about unmodded games In the bug forum.

Message 6 of 12 (1,747 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I did I was just telling you that other people have had this issue with townie mods so even if you removed them the save could still have the townie in there spawned by the mod

you didn't say it was a new save in your report so maybe I misunderstood  is it a new save ?

Message 7 of 12 (1,675 Views)

Star Wars characters acting as NPCs in worlds other than Batuu

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit any outdoor area
What happens when the bug occurs? Star Wars characters (Rey, Kylo Ren, Vi Morandi and Hondo) appearing as NPCs in non-Batuu worlds, including working as vendors, chief of police and paparazzi.
What do you expect to see? No Star Wars characters in worlds other than Batuu
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the pre-Snow Escape patch.

I've had star wars characters in worlds other than Batuu acting as NPCs and working on vendors, chief of police and criminals in the active detective career and as paparazzi.

Message 8 of 12 (1,545 Views)

Re: Star Wars characters acting as NPCs in worlds other than Batuu

[ Edited ]
Hero

@instantrhiiplay There has been a mod that has been causing this issue. It's possible that they stay that way if you had the mod in before when NPCs were generated.

Did you use a mod by bienchen for townies ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,532 Views)

Journey to Batuu mixing in with main game

★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit community lots
What happens when the bug occurs? Batuu interactions and items appear outise of Batuu
What do you expect to see? Not see Batuu related stuff outside of Batuu... or at least not see a bunch of people going around carrying guns anywhere you go.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since I started doing the Batuu missions , sims that my game has selected to use as Batuu NPCs show up on all community lots (outside of Batuu) holding their gun thing and have interactions such as Ask about First Order and others of the same type.

Message 10 of 12 (1,555 Views)