JML gaining buffs under Shock

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Iphone XR
OS Version 14.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 575-379-244
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug JML still gaining Bonus Protection Buff from Wat’s tech while shocked
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run Sith Eiternal Emperor vs JML under Bastila lead with Wat
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country England

Facing JML under Bastila lead with Wat is now a nightmare, seen previous issues with JML reducing GAS damage now hes healing constantly. As i grasp it Bonus Protection given by Wats shield tech is a buff, shock prevents healing and buffs, so if JML is shocked he should not gain buffs... meaning no protection. Yes shield tech cleanses debuffs but SEE has an uncleansable shock. Problem comes that JML still gains the bonus protection every single turn wether he has shock or not leaving you stuck in a infinite loop of shocking him and him ignoring it and still gaining buffs. If bonus proc is now classed as a ‘status effect’ why does buff immunity work on hounds tooth? Fix this CG.

I have a video but it wont let me upload

Message 1 of 9 (391 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: JML gaining buffs under Shock

[ Edited ]

@Jimmy-pyro Bear with me here, as it is working as designed.
1) Under Bastila lead, JML's protection pool is made up of two components, his normal blue protection, and purple protection from Bastila's lead equal to 200% of his max health (all bonus protection is based on max health, which allows sub-g7 characters to gain it)
2) In the case of my JML, he has 60k blue and 380k purple protection for a total of 440k protection.
3) Using these numbers, JML recovers 132k protection at the start of his turns.
4) Linked only affects the blue protection, not the protection provided by Bastila's lead. Once this has gone, JML has his purple protection pool remaining, which Linked cannot reduce.
5) JML can still regain 30% of that pool at the start of his turns, even if his bar is empty. Using my stats, that's 114k recovery each turn. As shock doesn't prevent protection recovery, he can still regain it.

Just incase I've missed something I'm going to tag in @crzydroid

Failing that the team will be able to look into this tomorrow. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (335 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@jimmypyro Hello there,

This is one of those things where an in game glossary would be helpful.

Hound's Tooth can't get protection under buff immunity as it is provided by "Protection Up" buff. In contrast, the "Bonus Protection" from Bastila's lead is just that, bonus protection which is added to the character's normal protection pool, which is why Wat and Hermit Yoda can allow characters to recover it. Wat Tech allows the character to regain 30% of the total protection pool, including that provide by Bastila lead. 

In the case of Shock, it prevents Health Recovery but not Protection recovery. This looks to be working as designed.

Message 2 of 9 (386 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, yeah i get what you’re saying but my issue is with the purple bar of bonus protection given by Wat’s shield tech. That grants the buff ‘protection up’ that should not be gained when under buff immunity or shock. I know Wat cleanses debuffs, but the shock from SEE after his ulti cant be ‘prevented or dispelled’ so should not be gaining buffs.

Message 3 of 9 (381 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jimmy-pyro The Baktoid Shield Generator does not provide bonus protection, it only heals 30% of the protection pool. None of Wat's Tech provides bonus protection, except the Chiewab Medpac, and which only gives it to Separatists.

The only purple protection is coming from Bastila's lead when JML has the Shield Generator equipped. 

Message 4 of 9 (368 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get that, and i know that bastila lead proc up can not be dispelled. But if you get rid of it i.e do enough damage for it be depleted and SEE links him so his proc pool becomes zero and he has shock on him.... why then does it come back and fill back upto 100% consistently?

Message 5 of 9 (351 Views)

@Jimmy-pyro Can you upload your video to YouTube and share the link?

Message 6 of 9 (348 Views)

★★★ Novice

The only vid i currently have shows just JML and SEE sat there hitting each other and JML gaining more proc over shock. I didn’t record the whole thing as i thought, after getting JML into yellow health no proc, that it was an easy win. Then he soloed the rest and left it to time out vs my remaining SEE

Message 7 of 9 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jimmy-pyro Bear with me here, as it is working as designed.
1) Under Bastila lead, JML's protection pool is made up of two components, his normal blue protection, and purple protection from Bastila's lead equal to 200% of his max health (all bonus protection is based on max health, which allows sub-g7 characters to gain it)
2) In the case of my JML, he has 60k blue and 380k purple protection for a total of 440k protection.
3) Using these numbers, JML recovers 132k protection at the start of his turns.
4) Linked only affects the blue protection, not the protection provided by Bastila's lead. Once this has gone, JML has his purple protection pool remaining, which Linked cannot reduce.
5) JML can still regain 30% of that pool at the start of his turns, even if his bar is empty. Using my stats, that's 114k recovery each turn. As shock doesn't prevent protection recovery, he can still regain it.

Just incase I've missed something I'm going to tag in @crzydroid

Failing that the team will be able to look into this tomorrow. 

Message 8 of 9 (336 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Bastila lead, as far as I'm aware, does not grant protection up again after it's depleted. So if he is healing purple protection, it means you never got through it all to dispell the buff. Shock doesn't matter because he is not gaining buffs on his turn, just healing protection. Shock only prevents health recovery, not protection recovery. 

Message 9 of 9 (285 Views)