JML Tier 3 - Not getting Crit Damage Credit

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S20
OS Version Android v12
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 589-889-688
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something has changed, but for the Jedi Master Luke Galactic Legend Event, Tier 3, it doesn't look like I'm getting credit for critical damage against Vader. I ran through Tier 3 without too much issue a couple of times, but in my last 2 attempts, I'm not even close to doing the damage I was during the successful runs. When I was unsuccessful in the first couple of tries, I didn't have an Offense Triangle with Crit Damage primary. During the successful runs, I had the Offense Triangle with CD primary in place. I still have the offense mod with CD primary, but I'm struggling to get Vader to half health before getting beaten. Has something changed?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Relic 7 JKLS with the CD mods for Square and Arrow (with Crit Avoidance on the Arrow), Offense mods for the rest with CD primary on the Triangle.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I've been using a setup nearly identical to the one found here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvwfp-9JHiw&t=910s

I'm not even getting close to getting passed Vader now in the first part of Tier 3 of the JML Event.  I was successful twice but haven't been close in the last 2 attempts with the exact same setup.

Message 1 of 10 (296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: JML Tier 3 - Not getting Crit Damage Credit

EA Live QV Team

Hi @jnaglich, and thank you for the report.

We haven't made any changes to the JML event. We also checked Tier 3 of the event and encountered no issues completing it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (261 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @jnaglich, and thank you for the report.

We haven't made any changes to the JML event. We also checked Tier 3 of the event and encountered no issues completing it.

Message 2 of 10 (262 Views)

Hero (Retired)

10,000 offense for having an offense set is extremely low. You need a cross and arrow with offense primaries.

If you are worried about survivability, do a health set. You don't really need crit chance as he gives himself 30% from his lead.

Message 3 of 10 (239 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Keep in mind this video may be from before they nerfed Jedi's Will. It no longer ignores defense. So you may not be seeing the same damage numbers even with the set in the video. 

Message 4 of 10 (231 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi crzydroid - thanks for the ideas.  I'll make the mod changes and give it a shot.  What I thought was interesting was that I ran with these mods just find before this past weekend (9/18/22) and had no issues, but have completely failed in 2 attempts this week.  My damage numbers are just way down all of a sudden.

Message 5 of 10 (222 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Some of it can be RNG. I think if you land that first blind, then you just need high enough damage to kill him before he cycles back around. Make sure you have Jedi's Will up for most of the battle. 

Keep in mind you can do it in a different order than what Grid suggests in his video, though I get why he says what he does. But you can easily go Heroes Arise>Repulse>Stalwart Advance then just basics and it will work. The resuced max health and protection may help a lot more post-nerf. But definitely offense primary cross (even Grid says that) and again, I prefer offense on the arrow too.

I actually run a crit damage set on JKL (it nets a little more in situations like this where you crit a lot). I also have enough offense secondaries on that set such that he still has over 11k offense.

Message 6 of 10 (214 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I will also point out that the same update that nerfed Jedi's Will also gave Vader the ability to restore protection when dots expire instead of just health. So if he changes up his AI order and gets dots on you, he may seem like he is taking longer to kill. For that reason you could possibly consider tenacity as your off set, but I'm not sure it would be enough. 

Message 7 of 10 (210 Views)

★★★ Novice

How important is speed in this battle?  i can remod for the additional offense and forget about crit avoidance, but do I need speed over 190 to make the offense work?  I won't have enough Light Side Currency to try this until tomorrow, but I'm hoping this will help to stop the hemorrhaging of that currency.  :-)

Message 8 of 10 (203 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Speed is not necessary at all. I think it is coded to start Luke with 100% tm.

Message 9 of 10 (184 Views)

★★★ Novice

Your recommendation worked!  The bonus offense got me through the Tier 3!  Appreciate all the help!

Message 10 of 10 (177 Views)