JMK tier 1 event crash

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 12 Pro max
OS Version iOS 14.6
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 411419341
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug My game has randomly crashed 3 times now on the tier 1 of the JMK event. Due to these crashes, I have lost 45 lightside currency tokens. It has crashed as many times as I have completed it and now I’m afraid to load it up any more for fear of losing more lightside tokens s that aren’t cheap to get.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play tier 1 of the JMK event. This is a known bug and has been posted multiple times
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

???

Message 1 of 9 (1,325 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: JMK tier 1 event crash

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @Olsonts and sorry to hear that.

We've checked Tier 1 of the Jedi Master Kenobi event and were able to complete it without any issue on our end.

Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse the Light Side tickets used or grant you the missing reward for this event.

Please take a look at out troubleshooting guide available in our help articles: iOS

Edit:

The team are currently looking into this. Please see the below forum post.

Potential Issue with Jedi Master Kenobi Event

Please keep an eye on the forum for further details.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,265 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @Olsonts and sorry to hear that.

We've checked Tier 1 of the Jedi Master Kenobi event and were able to complete it without any issue on our end.

Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse the Light Side tickets used or grant you the missing reward for this event.

Please take a look at out troubleshooting guide available in our help articles: iOS

Edit:

The team are currently looking into this. Please see the below forum post.

Potential Issue with Jedi Master Kenobi Event

Please keep an eye on the forum for further details.

Message 2 of 9 (1,266 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_UltraSlide I know it's a cut and paste response to every JMK event crash report, but you do realize how ridiculous the response is right?  The number of crashes being reported by users for this event which is nearly impossible to fail should tell you that there's a genuine stability issue.  The fact that someone at EA was able to finish the event doesn't mean that users are not experiencing genuine crashes.  Yet the company line is that there's nothing we can do.  That's not true.  EA could do any number of things including issuing apology crystals for lost tickets (proxy for enegy spent, usually meaning wasted crystals).  The real response is that EA chooses not to address the issue in any meaningful way for the people who experience these crashes.  It's the same as a retail store saying sorry about that product defect, but we refuse to do anything about it.  It's ridiculous and that's how you torpedo good will among your most active players (people who are dedicated enough to the game to go after the latest GL).  

And for anyone thinking of jumping to "we have to prevent abuse" line, many retailers use internal metrics to ban serial returners, not shut down all returns from the get go.  

Message 3 of 9 (1,251 Views)

★★ Novice

This 1000%! I don’t see how EA refuses to acknowledge their fault in this and refuses to do anything to compensate their player base for lost lightside currency! This is unbelievable, quite honestly.

Message 4 of 9 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_UltraSlide your copy and paste response is unacceptable! fix this and compensate us!

Message 5 of 9 (1,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I *just* crashed, during video preroll on jmk t1. completed t2 earlier today, and t3 is done.

what do I do?

on an ipad

Message 6 of 9 (1,164 Views)

★★ Novice

According to UltraSlide… No, you didn’t, because they didn’t… 😬

Message 7 of 9 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had 2 of these crashes since friday, this is definitely not fixed and still happening, already lost out on 20 shards, I would like to receive either the missing shards (preferred option) or the event tickets back

Message 8 of 9 (1,025 Views)

★★ Novice

What else can you expect from greedy money grabbing CG/EA. It's part of the reason why more and more players are quitting.

Message 9 of 9 (847 Views)