by HoggleFroud

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Items stay visible on wall when using cutaway

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except, Moschino Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Island Living, Discover University & Eco Lifestyle,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pick up a wall item and place it again or buy a new item and try to place it
What happens when the bug occurs? Anything new I add to the wall or any item that I pick up and move will no longer disappear when I use the wall cutaway. They stay up and the wall will collapse as usual, but all of the items on the wall stay in the way and do not collapse with the wall.
What do you expect to see? I expect all of the items on the wall to disappear when I select the wall cutaway like it did a few hours ago and now it is not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Anything new I add to the wall or any item that I pick up and move will no longer disappear when I use the wall cutaway. They stay up and the wall will collapse as usual, but all of the items on the wall stay in the way and do not collapse with the wall.

Message 1 of 2 (938 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Items stay visible on wall when using cutaway

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@HoggleFroud I observed this also for some paintings in existing buildings. I was completely surprised that the paintings have beautifully designed backsides! Will do some further testing.

Made a quick test and it is indeed like described by the OP. However, if you leave the lot and return the new wall items will act normally.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (918 Views)

All Replies

Re: Items stay visible on wall when using cutaway

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@HoggleFroud I observed this also for some paintings in existing buildings. I was completely surprised that the paintings have beautifully designed backsides! Will do some further testing.

Made a quick test and it is indeed like described by the OP. However, if you leave the lot and return the new wall items will act normally.

Message 2 of 2 (919 Views)