Re: Items purchased on iOS disappear from Android devices

by Cyborg7ofDrone9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Items purchased on iOS disappear from Android devices

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11, iPad Pro 11, Android phone (Coolpad Legacy)
OS Version 13
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Items purchase disappear and items in storage placed in house disappear as you move across devices.
What do you expect to see? Items purchased and items in storage placed in house disappear as you move across devices.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback Sims Mobile is having issues with players who use more than one device. The play is not flowing seamlessly through different devices and operating systems for the same player who uses multiple devices i.e. from iPad to iPhone to an Android device.

Sims Mobile 7/8/20: I had to repurchase two new Glowing Gemstone Floor lights, 3 Gluten Free Vegan Fruit platters, 1 Pining For You Candles, 1 Fancy Abbey Single bed, and 1 Restful Rustic Nightstand from my iPad because when I changed devices to my iPhone those items disappeared from my house. I also checked from my Coolpad Legacy Android device and those items had also disappeared from that device. In the end I had to repurchase these items after buying them new because they disappeared. I checked for them in my Storage and the items had also not been there. This isn’t just about money but about technical glitches & bugs that decrease the enjoyment of the game. From what I can see none of these issues occurred when I played from devices that have the same operating system i.e Android to iOS. Once I begin to play from multiple OS the glitches started. Events & purchases occurring on my iPad lagged and don’t reset on my iPhone or Android device. 

Message 1 of 5 (705 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@lmnmst It's slowly getting better. I'm turning off all my Android devices when playing on Apple devices and vice versa. 

(CM: edited to correct formatting to improve readability)

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (562 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Cyborg7ofDrone9 Hi! How is your account connected?

Is it connected to both iOS Game Center and Android's Google Play?

Are you opening the game at the same time on more than one device?

Are you changing from one device to another several times a day?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 5 (660 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SalixCat It seems something not syncing when the Android logged out, so it's not saving the progress. For example, When I see my game with no account login list in setting, I close the game and clear the cache. After reopened. My game still at 2 hour ago before the last login that have changes. No progress saved. But the login list came back.
In @Cyborg7ofDrone9 case, the Android haven't synced up enough to cloud so the loaded on Apple is the last of complete sync.
The Android also reverted the saves from cloud as it has been tampered with Apples saves.
Anyway, Curency that bought the items are back?

*Stay Healthy
Message 3 of 5 (640 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@SalixCat I just use one device at a time. I'm connected to every site you can be connected to on my Apple and Android devices. It's starting to get better. Still no STS MCM competition area. That never showed up. And is still missing.

Message 4 of 5 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@lmnmst It's slowly getting better. I'm turning off all my Android devices when playing on Apple devices and vice versa. 

(CM: edited to correct formatting to improve readability)

Message 5 of 5 (563 Views)