Re: Item variation menu missing - sofa, counter, bed

by crinrict

Original Post

Item variation menu missing - sofa, counter, bed

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs/expansions/kits except Batuu and Bust the Dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build/buy mode, try to place a sectional sofa, counter top or bunk bed and auto(bed, sofa or counter) toggle is turned off, the variation menu for each item is missing, skewed or behind the color swatches.
What happens when the bug occurs? In build/buy mode, when trying to place a sectional sofa, counter top or bunk bed and auto(bed, sofa or counter) toggle is turned off, unable to see menu for variations of each item. The menu is skewed, partially hidden or not visible behind the color swatches for each item. Unable to choose item variations.
What do you expect to see? I expect the item variation menu to appear when the auto toggle is set to off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after downloading Dream Home Decorator.

Screen shots of sofa, counter and bed problems.

Message 1 of 5 (265 Views)

Hero
@fragg_alicious7 I tested this in my save game and for me it looks fine.

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods and also try a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (229 Views)

★★ Novice

I did not delete the localthumbcache, I will try that. I have repaired and also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game though. Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 5 (221 Views)

Hero
@fragg_alicious7 Let me know if that works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (201 Views)

Hero
@fragg_alicious7 Did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (171 Views)