Re: Issues with parties

by crinrict

Original Post

Issues with parties

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I could have sworn that I posted a topic earlier today about having a problem with parties since the 11/4 patch, but I can't find it so I'm posting again. My initial post was to report that after the patch, I tried to throw a Birthday Party and none of the guests showed up except for the Bartender and Caterer. Later during that same session, I threw another Birthday Party and only one guest showed up, though I had invited far more. Since I play with mods in my game, I was encouraged to try throwing a party without mods and see if that helped.

Tonight, with a few "must have" mods installed, I was able to throw a House Party and guests did indeed attend. Then I realized that the list of available parties seemed shorter than it used to, so after the party ended I tried having my sim plan another, and the only options were: House Party, Dinner Party, Wedding Party and Birthday Party. Black & White Party was completely gone. I exited the game, removed all my mods, cleared my Origin cache files and reloaded. Still, when attempting to plan a party, only the 4 mentioned above were on the list. So yeah, it's not the same issue I reported earlier, but I'm definitely having some wonkiness when it comes to parties in my game. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (425 Views)

Hero

Please try on a new game to see if the issue persists (for testing purposes)

Also did you also delete your cache files to make sure the mods are no longer active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which cache files should I be deleting? I deleted all the Origin ones.

NM, found a page detailing location of cache files to delete, will see if that has any affect on the issue later, as well as starting a new game.

Message 3 of 7 (415 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK, I removed all mods and custom content, cleared the cache files and started a new game. Immediately went to Plan Social Event via the cellphone and the only options are House Party, Dinner Party, Wedding and Birthday Party. Definitely borked.

Message 4 of 7 (404 Views)

Hero

Works in mine so lets see if a factory reset solves it: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Start your game without putting anything back and start a new game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok, so I backed up my files and had the game create a new The Sims 4 folder. Upon entering a brand new household in this factory-reset game and selecting Plan Social Event from the cellphone, I only have the same 4 options: House Party, Dinner Party, Wedding and Birthday Party. Still missing Black & White Party.

For what it's worth, I also did a game repair via the Origin client a couple days ago, but that did not help either.

Message 6 of 7 (389 Views)

Hero

Are you also missing the other extra content that came with the deluxe version or are those missing too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (383 Views)