Re: Issues with Skin Tone Genetics (Patch 1.69.59)

by Peachiepie7

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Is there a way to report this other than these forums?

Message 11 of 29 (1,346 Views)

Re: Black Sims are having white babies, bug?

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone know if they are still working on this issue? Right now, I'm having to wait until my super-white infants turn into toddlers to manually choose a realistic skin tone for them, and it's really bugging me. I have looked all over for updates or another way to report issues, but can't find anything.

Message 12 of 29 (1,307 Views)

Re: Black Sims are having white babies, bug?

Hero
@Peachiepie7 Are the babies just bugged in the icon or also in the crib itself. `

Sounds more like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Baby-icon-household-picture-different-colour-than-Sim/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 29 (1,302 Views)

★ Guide

I've been getting some weird skin tone genetics happening again - I mostly noticed when I started playing with aliens and alien hybrids. In one household, a green alien and a purple alien had a blue alien baby (through woohoo, not abduction). In another household, a blue-skinned sim (alien hybrid) and a non-occult sim with a medium cool skin tone had a bright red baby (one of the misc. colours). In another non-alien household, two sims with medium cool skin tones had a baby with a light cool skin tone.

(I checked these skin tones after the offspring aged up into toddlers, so this is an issue unrelated to the small selection of baby skin tones and the noted baby icon bug.)

Before the major skin tone update, I thought genetics was basically 50/50 - a child would get the skin tone of one parent or the other (though I could be wrong). Now it seems that the game doesn't know how to mix the skin tones in a way that makes sense. Technically, the baby with the light cool skin tone is a skin tone 'in the middle of' his parents' if the skin tone selection is read left to right, top to bottom (the two parents' skin tones were at the end of the top two rows of the cool skin tone selection, while the baby's was in the middle of the second row). But while the baby's skin tone is in the middle of the parents' in the UI, the UI is not in any related order. Switch between the cool skin tones at the end of the first row and the beginning of the second to see: there's little continuity. The game seems to be taking the order of pigments in CAS to be a gradient when they aren't.

Message 14 of 29 (1,255 Views)

Baby born with wrong skintone

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions but Island Living; all game packs but vampires, magic and spa day; plus knitting, tiny living and laundry.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make lots of babies with parents of similar skin tones.
What happens when the bug occurs? Major bug: babies were born with colors very/somewhat different from their parents skin tones. Minor bug: all newborns (4/4) appeared to be black on the portrait, even the pale ones. Their portraits were normal when growing into toddlers.
What do you expect to see? Babies with skin tones similar to their parents, how we're used to see in real life. Babies shouldn't be lighter or darker than both parents.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I guess it was after the skin tones uptade.

skincolorbug.png

Had 4 babies in different households. Two were normal, one was a little bit darker than their parents and the last one seems quite lighter than her parents (screenshot).

Message 15 of 29 (1,222 Views)

Re: Baby born with wrong skintone

Hero
@110110m merged your post with the genetics thread

For the portrait, please see this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Baby-icon-household-picture-different-colour-than-Sim/td-p/998...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 29 (1,215 Views)

Skin tone genetics still not working

★ Novice

Even after patches that say the skin tone issue has been resovled, all my families are still having black babies. Regardless of parents skin tone, all babies born in my played and other households are always very dark skin tones. I am playing mideval Britian, so you can imagine that most households are very light skinned. Cc and mods have been removed or updated. Sometimes when babies age up, they remain dark skinned, and do not have any resemblance to the parents, sometimes upon aging up the skin tone appears to resolve itself, tho the facial features still don't seem to match the parents?

Message 17 of 29 (1,194 Views)

Re: Skin tone genetics still not working

Hero
@crober19 Merged your post with the current bug report on it

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 29 (1,177 Views)

Re: Skin tone genetics still not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

In my current household the parents are rather white, the baby is somewhat darker and the icon is black like always.

Message 19 of 29 (1,113 Views)

Skintone issue Baby

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get Together, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Snowy Escape, City living, University, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Interieur Designer, Jungle Adventure, Realm Of Magic, Parenthood, Dine Out, Vampires, Spa Day, Backyard stuff, Bowlingnight, Cool Kitchen, Movie Night, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room, Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino, Paranormal, Perfect Patio, Toddler Stuff, Romantic Garden, Nifty Knitting, Loundry Day, Bust The Dust, Courtyard Oasis, Country Kitchen, Throwback Fit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby with 2 sims that have a dark skincolour
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby has a white skincolour
What do you expect to see? A baby that has a dark skincolour
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have this issue with and without mods

Message 20 of 29 (1,122 Views)