Issue with Door Placement Glitch

by Tekinar_Borg

Original Post

Issue with Door Placement Glitch

★ Novice

Original Issue: I would like to report a bug with the steam version of the Sims 4 game. A few times over the past year, I've come across an error where a door wouldn't place on a wall with no obstructions around it. For the most recent time, I was trying to place one on a wall leading to the roof of a building I was working on. Before placing it, I had adjusted the height of the room, deleting the room soon after. After that, I replaced the room and worked on it a bit more. I did place pillars on the outside part of the room and move that exact wall back by one cube, but I deleted the pillars that were in the way. I did place stairs in the room leading to it from the lower level, but the top step was three cubes away from the wall and shouldn't have obstructed anything. The last time that I had this issue was after I had just deleted some walls. Then I thought the walls still existed, even though I could not see them in game and I had removed them. I hope that you can fix this glitch soon. I'd rather not to have to have this while I am trying to build.

Later: I was able to restart the game, which fixed the issue. While Sims 4 is currently working, I still would like somebody to look at it, as it has happened to me more than once.

Message 1 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: Issue with Door Placement Glitch

Hero

@Tekinar_Borg 

I'm not clear on what exactly you are trying to do with your build and what the problem is other than you have a door that won't place.  Would you upload a couple of pics so I can see exactly what is going on?  And I am willing to test the build if you would like.  Just upload it to the Gallery and give me the name of the lot so I can download it and test.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)