Issue occurring in the actor career

by emilyrhia

Original Post

Issue occurring in the actor career

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them apart from bowling night, moschino and supernatural
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete all the goals in the actor career work day
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sim completes all the goals for his work day (actor career) the 'finishing at' time that is in the top left window always changes to 3.59pm This happens no matter what the actual in game clock says that the time is (usually about 6pm), my sim then just hangs around for a bit until eventually the pop up comes up saying that the sim is done with work for the day. Then, when my sim gets home the clock changes to 4pm, no matter what time it was before.
What do you expect to see? When my sim completes all the goals for the work day, they should get the pop up saying they have completed work for the day and then go home and the time should be the same time it was when you leave and not jump back in time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Basically, my sim completes all their goals for the day at his job as an actor, then the time that my sim is supposed to finish always changes to 3.59pm no matter what the time was beforehand and what the time actually is. I can be at work at 6pm and the window still says that I am at work until I finish at 3.59pm. If i click leave work early I get penalised for it as the game thinks I should still be at work. Eventually if I wait it out the pop up will appear saying that my sim is done with work and the money they have earned for the gig etc. and my sim will return home, but when they get home the clock then changes to 4.00pm as if I had finished work at 3.59pm. It's really weird, anybody experienced anything like this?

Message 1 of 6 (552 Views)

Re: Issue occurring in the actor career

Hero
@emilyrhia Do you see this in a certain save game only or also if you start a new one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (513 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have only tried it for one save file, but I will test it out with another!
Message 3 of 6 (504 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi again, I have just finished testing this and it definitely does still happen on new save files too!
Message 4 of 6 (488 Views)

Hero
@emilyrhia Did some testing and can't duplicate on my save. Have you deleted localthumbcache after removing mods ? Tried a folder reset ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (468 Views)

Hero
@emilyrhia Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (421 Views)