Re: Is this game still in Beta?

by Ermangui

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Paeleth for President.

I thought about asking about when the Paid Beta was going to end but didn't want to stir the pot. Thank you @Paeleth for stirring the pot.

After Playing the Quake Champions closed beta I can say there is a noticeable difference in gaming companies. For instance, in answer to the lag issues in SWBF2 we now have a bar meter and a flashing note saying our connection is slow and it may affect game play. So, even when my connection is not slow the message from EA is that the game issues are my problem. Great approach EA. The game, and/or Origin, seems to be seeing a break in internet connection when there isn't one (see photo) and, instead of engineering a solution, blames the gamers. Thx. The new patch even added an issue for me where when I enter a match, every single time, I get about 20-30 seconds of heavy lag in addition to the current issue moving me left and right and backwards and killing me.

I haven't been lucky enough to have problems in the game favor me in kills but I have, dozens of times, shot players to where they kill me even though I've brought their health down to 10 or under. Some nerfing seems to be needed.

Keep Jetpack Cargo, it's phat.

Message 11 of 17 (839 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Guess what? I found another completely overlooked bug:

How is it, that although I have all prerequisites fulfilled, I still cannot upgrade the star cards of Luke's X-Wing to lvl 3 (screenshot included) ????
Well, I will tell you why:
Because I just acquired the necessary star card lvl by upgrading another star card. But having done this does not unlock the upgrade until I restart the game!!!
I should not be that annoyed though, as the game would crash anyway before I could hit the quit button that is so very inconveniently only accessible in the home screen#!

Message 12 of 17 (780 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I wanted to write to say how true !! With everything that you have listed. Nothing for myself to add other than you hit every note that is wrong with this game. It’s almost laughable that they still charging people £55 for this game !!
Message 13 of 17 (752 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've edited the article and did add a few new things that bothered me. 

Unfortunatly I still didn't get any answers or respons from EA which is just sad.

Thank you for your support and all the answers,

May the force be with you, always.

Message 14 of 17 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I was sure EA is ignoring any "constructive criticism" that people discuss in this forums. But now I read this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Too-easy-to-Troll-Jetpack-Cargo/m-p/6674628#M10063

this lucky guy @PremierVenoth posted a very annoying game design flaw, like the ones in this thread.
AND HE GOT AN ANSWER FROM EA!!!!!!!

I cannot believe this... WHAT???

After some thinking and headbanging I have the answer to this unlikeliest of happenings:
Every thread with Platform Type "Xbox XXXX" gets an answer from EA, but non of the PC platform posts.
So @PremierVenoth got an answer as well.
I am not complaining that EA answered a post. That is the way it should be!!!

@Paeleth  my I suggest an edit of this post?
change the title to:
"Xbox* reboots as soon as I think of playing EASWBFII"

and the summary to:
"this game is unplayable on XBOX* because of the following annoying problems with this game
* whenever XBOX is mentioned, it should be replaced by "PC" "

Message 15 of 17 (640 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you for this detailed summary of some of the problems with swbf2.
Its really sad that EA doesn't really care about their game and its players, even though some of them put in so much effort to help them improve it...
Message 16 of 17 (588 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

hi @Paeleth

You don't understand anything... but don't worry, I'm here to explain everything to you...

In a sentence:  The game isn't in BETA... it's in ALPHA... 

Mmmmm... In a another phrase: WE ARE THE BETA TESTERS...

Message 17 of 17 (570 Views)