Re: Iron sights are very inaccurate while strafing and firing, with many guns.

by a-weird-bird

Original Post

Iron sights are very inaccurate while strafing and firing, with many guns.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? UntilDissolution
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The Firing Range
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Firing an RE-45
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/A
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? With various weapons (RE-45, Prowler, Alternator, R-99, Flatline), if you ADS with the iron sights and fire while strafing to the left or right, the iron sights drift off-center from where the shots actually go. This problem is not present with optics; only iron sights.
What should be happening instead? The iron sights should remain centered like the sights do when optics are attached.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fire an ADS'd RE-45 with no optics at a target in the firing range while strafing to the right, and note that your iron sights crawl towards the right side of the hit indicators that appear when you shoot the target, as you fire. See the video for a demonstration. It's more complicated for me to prove that the shots AREN'T going where the iron sights are indicating, but I can do it if you want me to. (Takes making a video.)

I made this video to demonstrate the basic problem. (The green dot at the center of the video is just something I added in post-production as a reference point.) It's fairly irritating to know that if I'm strafing to the side while aiming with iron sights, I have to keep in mind that my iron sights will be completely inaccurate after I start firing.

Message 1 of 4 (550 Views)

Hello @a-weird-bird and thanks for reporting this. The video you provide shows indeed the problem clearly.

This seems to happen with most of the insights of the guns. 

I've found this Reddit comment which also shows the problem quite clearly in two videos.

https://streamable.com/f6rit 

https://streamable.com/gu0v1 slowmotion of weapon

I hope they can look into this! It doesn't seem to have been acknowledged anywhere yet, @EA_Blueberry 

Message 2 of 4 (519 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Ah yeah those are really good videos demonstrating more aspects of the issue. It's basically that sway/handling looseness directly corrupts the accuracy of the iron sights, even though it doesn't corrupt the accuracy of optics. Which is annoying.
Message 3 of 4 (462 Views)

I've found more videos on the competitive apex subreddit about this.

The video here shows the problem perfectly: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveApex/comments/dt0546/are_iron_sights_fucked_up_follow_up_video_w...

Message 4 of 4 (355 Views)