Iphone XR freezing while retreat from Hsith

★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? XR
OS Version 13.6
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 991-589-674
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug When I retreat from Hsith the spinning wheel comes up and doesn't go away. I force close app and reopen it. I filed a case with support, was given a troubleshooting guide for android and the case is marked resolved. I can't test if I can retreat from hsith since they now go by fast. Nothing has probably changed. Would be nice if CG actually handled their own troubleshooting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How would I know? I'm not a programmer and I didn't write the code.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Not sure what else I can say, just disappointed that there are now more connection issues. My guild has lost points in TB and other areas of the game due to the connection issues. 

Message 1 of 18 (800 Views)

Re: Iphone XR freezing while retreat from Hsith

EA Live QV Team

Hi @taxingpear94 and sorry to hear that.

As you force closed the game crash logs may not have been generated on your device. However, could you look and see if there is anything from around the time this happened?

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Tap Privacy
  3. Tap Analytics & Improvements
  4. Tap Analytics Data
  5. Scroll down and look for a file beginning with ‘log-sessions-‘ and the timestamp of your crash and ending in ‘.session’. An example of this would be log-sessions-2020-07-23-160414.session
  6. You can then copy and paste this or save the log file by clicking the export button in the top right of the page
Message 2 of 18 (759 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_UltraSlide I think I found a log from yesterday with a different issue, the one where I get the scroll wheel after retreating from Hsith. Who do I send the report to? I'm using a desktop for forums.
Message 3 of 18 (755 Views)

@taxingpear94 When you say "retreat from hsith" do you mean back out to reset your score, or have a character like 3po escape?

★★ Guide
@GladOS-013 back out to reset score.
Message 5 of 18 (698 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_UltraSlide So I don't send the reports to anyone? I am also having an issue where the buttons go dead in TW and the guild page. I have a hard time opening the donations page and the guild event page. My phone screen works fine in other areas of the game. Just wish someone would actually help fix these problems.
Message 6 of 18 (619 Views)

@taxingpear94 The TW buttons issue is a new bug that's been logged. I'm not sure about guild donations.

You could put the logs here for review.

★★ Guide
@GladOS-013 I don't know how to do that, especially since I am using a desktop for forums and phone for game play.
So the buttons not working is a known issue already? I would think that the guild donations and guild events buttons not working too is related.
Message 8 of 18 (599 Views)

★★ Guide
@GladOS-013 It looks like my logs don't go that far back. So I guess my issue is going to be unresolved. It sucks that the devs are pretty incompetent when it comes to this sort of thing.
Message 9 of 18 (573 Views)

@taxingpear94 That's one way of looking at it.

Another way of looking at it is that combat takes place in your device. If your app crashes without sending information to the swgoh servers, then they have no data on which to base their testing. If they test it with their own similar devices and can't reproduce, then it's less "incompetence" and more "not magically able to summon information out of nothing."

But each player's mileage may vary.