[ARCHIVED] Invited Sims won't leave after party/invite

by TheSpaark

Original Post

Guests not leaving (no way to send them away)/game loading

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, University, Get Together, Dine Out, Spa Day, Backyard stuff, Bowling stuff, Kids Room stuff, Movie Hangout stuff, Knitting stuff, Romantic Garden stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure..
What happens when the bug occurs? Guest don't leave on their own, and there is no interaction to send them away. Reloading the game in hopes of fixing it causes a strange message to appear and played sims are sent back home - without solving the guest problem...
What do you expect to see? the 'Send Home' interaction + played sims still at work/uni
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims invited over some friends, but they don't leave (even when they were tired) and I can't find any option to send them away - the interaction is missing...
I closed the game and relaunched it, thinking it would fix it, but I got an error notice (attached) which I never got before. I press ok and my sims (who were at work and uni at the time of saving) have suddenly returned home (losing their performance at work and class) - and all the guests are still there and still no option to send them home...

I tried this a few times but always the same problem...

Any idea how to solve this??? Frown

I don't use mods or any CC, I was happily playing for a few hours before this happened... I also checked an old thread from 2014 with a similar problem - but it doesn't help (lot traits are fine..)

Message 11 of 36 (2,439 Views)

Re: Guests not leaving (no way to send them away)/game loading

Hero
@adidigreen Merged your post.

I take it you just invited them and didn't throw a party ?

Could you answer the questions in post #2

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 36 (2,414 Views)

Re: Guests not leaving (no way to send them away)/game loading

★★★★★ Newbie

Just invited over, no party. Also, Father Winter doesn't go and can't be sent home...

- In which world does this happen? Does it matter? I'm playing San Myshuno,702 ZenView. I didn't try other worlds.

- Did you start this save before or after the patch ? after
- Does the option not appear on any Sim you invited or only particular ones? All of the Sims invited as well as Father Winter doesn't have the 'send home' option
- Did you give any house/apartment keys? yes, and one of the guests has keys.
- Do only guests arrive that you have invited or are those guests you didn't invite and just came over? Only invited guests (and Father Winter...)
- Do they do any particular interactions when they're not leaving? They sleep in the beds/sofa, eat food, drink coffee, interact with my sims/other guests, do yoga, play the computer, dance.

- Does the type of party you throw matter? I didn't throw a party. I invited over some sims, cooked a grand meal and called for it, invited to open together presents.

Thank you!

Message 13 of 36 (2,389 Views)

Sims wont leave my Sim's house

★★ Novice

Help! Sims that my Sim invites in don't leave after being "sent home." I tried telling them to "go away," but they stay in the house and use items, etc. I tried locking my doors for everyone but my Sim, restarted my game, reloaded saves, but the problem persists. What should I do?

Message 14 of 36 (2,374 Views)

Re: Sims wont leave my Sim's house

Hero
@SaRinky I merged your post with the bug report on this

Try travelling with them and then go home without them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 36 (2,335 Views)

Re: Sims wont leave my Sim's house

★★ Pro
@SaRinky Also, if you don't want to go thru 2 loading screens, you could just go outside and call over that intruding sim and then lock the doors so they can't come back in. (if they're on the 2nd floor or just too far away, you can go talk to them and then click "chat here" outside and they'll come with you there)
Message 16 of 36 (2,295 Views)

Sims never leaving your lot

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Dine Out, Parenting, Dream Home Decorator, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Toddler Stuff, Tiny Living, Blooming Rooms
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a social event, invite or a sim visits your lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? A notification still pops up saying the sim has to go however, after that the sim has the thought bubble of a car or bed for example implying they are leaving but they never do. Even if you send the sims home or they try leaving themselves they stay so I have to either invite them to travel or switch their households so they reset and leave the lot.
What do you expect to see? The sims should autonomously go home like normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've had the same CC before this occurred in my game so I don't think that's causing it.

Only started recently since the sims delivery of the new multicoloured hair released (having issues with the hair too) as it glitches off the sims head. 

Message 17 of 36 (2,263 Views)

Re: Invited Sims won't leave house after party

★ Guide

I had this issue a while back and it's happening again. unsure why. it wasn't happening to my knowledge prior to the werewolf update. party ending at 9 pm and every sim is still here and its 5 am. none of them will leave and send home is not an option. 

Message 18 of 36 (2,135 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 36 (2,096 Views)

★ Guide

I don't have a current save in which that happened, but using the „flea market“ table from Eco Living (cannot recall the precise name) not only made 5+ strangers enter my house without being let inside (the only solution is locking the doors beforehand), but they also refuse to leave, plus no option to send them away. I assume it's the same bug.

Message 20 of 36 (2,087 Views)