Invite Causes Crash / Hang at Menu Screen

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 12GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? M1kemclain247
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Trying to join a random who invited me to his match.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Clicked Y for joining to the guy who invited me after the last match (he was not my friend on origin just a random)
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.05.2019
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically it says failed to obtain origin token , or something like that , as soon as i click Y to accept a random invite, while solo queueing for another match solo. from the last game, it happens all the time and i thought i would now report it as a bug , when this happens , it also wont let me re-open the game. Like it takes me to the loading screen before the lobby , where it asks u to press Contine with left mouse key , and it just says initializing,,, and stays like that , if i try to ESC to exit it wont let me just wont respond , i have to go to task manager , and then kill Apex Legends Process.
What should be happening instead? Should let me join the other random as soon as i click Y , not send me to the menu screen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get a random whos not ur friend on origin to invite u to match , as u are matching making solo., it should do the same.

http://prntscr.com/nqjj3o ,

Here is the screen shot , it takes me to that loading menu , when u first launch the game , if i click accept invite from random, while trying to solo queue at the same time. 

Kind Regards

Michael.

Message 1 of 5 (340 Views)

Re: Invite Causes Crash / Hang at Menu Screen

Community Manager

Thanks for the report! 

I just need some basic info:

1. Do you have Origin In-Game enabled in your Origin clients application settings
  2. Do you use any overlays like Discord when this is happening? Does it happen when they're disabled?
  3. Have you tried repairing the game by right-clicking on it in Origin?
  4. Does a reinstall fix this?
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (313 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, same problem here.

1. Yes

2. No.

3. Yes, yesterday. Today same issue occured.

4. Still same.

When someone from random game squad tries to invite you to play in squad the game gets some "disconnected error" as described in first post. Then I'm not able to connect to the lobby again and I'm not even able to Exit to desktop. The game client stays froozen in this state and you really have to kill the process through task manager.

You don't even have to Accept or Reject invite from Origin.

Have a nice day

Message 3 of 5 (265 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue. I hear the origin ping in the background and gets disconnected to the menu. "Failed to get token from Origin". At that point it is no longer possible to login, and it's not possible to exit to desktop.

- Happened last today 2019-06-12

- Has been happening at least the last few months if not since forever

- Happens after reinstall/repair

- Happens on any driver and windows version I tried

- Around 15% chance
- Origin in game activated (but it doesn't work).

- Not using other overlays

Message 4 of 5 (238 Views)

Community Manager

@thic_bunz 

If you're getting the "Failed to get token from Origin" error check out these posts below. The steps in those seem to fix that.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Failed-to-get-token-from-Origin/td-p/2477974

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Failed-to-get-token-from-Origin/m-p/7747677#M35680

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (221 Views)