Invitation bugged

by Anonymous

Original Post

Invitation bugged

Anonymous

When origin ingame is disable, decline and accept buttons does not work.

Message 4 of 16 (1,015 Views)

can't join previous squad (1.1 feature)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RX570
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? gfunk_zero
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. squad eliminated or champion screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. trying to join my last squad
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04/04/2019
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? At the end of the game if my squad invite me to play again, I press Y to accept, then I am taken to the apex main splash screen, it says click to continue.. when I click it says initializing (?) then it says cant connect to EA servers.. to make matters worse if I press ESC and say exit, the game does not exit!!! This has happened twice, once after a victory and once after a loss.

I can invite people to my own squad this works.

I have origin overlay enabled

What should be happening instead? should be able to join squad, the experience points screen should also be displayed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? win or loose a game then be invited to join a party by last team member

sorry I did not capture a screenshot of the error

Message 1 of 16 (863 Views)

New Invite System Feedback

★ Novice

Love the new invite feature in Apex I think it's a huge improvement, however, I have encountered bugs when it comes to being invited by one of my last squadmates.

Twice this morning I was being spammed by people I was declining, which is fine it's only a few seconds, but it was causing issues with me being able to queue for my next game and I also had issues quitting the game to relog back in. Had to quit through task manager.

Every time I am invited the game minimizes and goes to the origin client for a split second. Probably more noticeable because I play the game at 1080p on a 1440p native monitor. Would be nice to have it all in the client if that's possible. 

Anyway, I do like the feature so big thanks from me!

Message 2 of 16 (999 Views)

Re: New Invite System Feedback

Community Manager

That's some great feedback on the new invite system and thank you for bringing up your experience. Would you mind attaching a DxDiag for us? Hopefully you won't come across those type of players again. Was it preventing you from opting out of invites?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 16 (971 Views)

Re: Invitation bugged

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, @Anonymous! We'll make sure the team is aware. Does it still happen if you delete the Origin client and download the latest version? 

Download the Origin Client

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 16 (1,000 Views)

End Game Lobby Invitation Bug

★★ Novice

If someone invites you after the game client is gonna bugged out and it will drop from server. After all that you can not login to server. Infact nothing works here after all that ----. You can't escape or close game, you have to do the "ctrl+alt+del" trick to quit game. By the way, why am i writing this bug report here?. Cause i dont wanna deal with all the questions you guys are asking for.

AND BRING BACK THIS SPACEBAR BUTTON!.

Plz,

Sincerely, Standard smile

Message 6 of 16 (988 Views)

Group invites are inadvertently accepted if Y is bound to a movement key.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? HegemonShuriken
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. any, all, everywhere. not a map related issue.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. running forward
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? when "y" is bound to any game function, in my case it is my move forward button, and an invitation comes in, it is accepted. I was in an active battle and a friend invited me to his group which made me immediately disconnect from the game I was in and unintentionally abandon those teammates.
What should be happening instead? there should be separate bindable buttons for the origin in-game overlay for 'accept' or 'decline' that are not hard coded to Y/N. Add a timer period where a player can hit escape after accepting an invite to back out of it and stay in their game. Add the player to the new group but keep them in their current match until it ends.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use YGHJ as your movement keys like a sane person and have someone invite you while you're running around in a game.

The origin invite to group is hard coded to Y/N as it's selections. 

Until this earlier patch they didn't work for me so it wasn't an issue. 

However that's been 'fixed' and since I use Y as my run-forward button, whenever a friend invites me to their group I am immediately dumped out of whatever match I was in.

Message 7 of 16 (974 Views)

Anonymous
I already have the latest Origin client,
I can see the invitation but when I click accept or decline, nothing happens.
Message 8 of 16 (981 Views)

Re: End Game Lobby Invitation Bug

Community Manager

If it is a bug you are seeing @CreepingZerg then we would need all the information that the bug report requests. 

I have been invited after a game has ended and not had any issues so the more info you can share the better we can look into this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 16 (962 Views)

Community Manager

@HegemonShuriken  @CreepingZerg  @helsabot187 

I merged your reports into this discussion since they are all similar. Can you reply back with the following if you are experiencing this:

• Are you using any other overlays like Discord? Does it happen when you have other overlays disabled?
  • Have you tried right-clicking on the game and selecting "Repair?"
  • Have you tried resetting your key bindings back to default?
  • Have you tried reinstalling Origin with the latest version?
  • While not ideal, does a reinstall of the entire game fix it though?
Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 16 (946 Views)