Invisible Enemies and Visual bug

by jchopan

Original Post

Re: Invisible Enemies and Visual bug

★ Apprentice

I don't think it's an issue with graphic cards, probably with the server syncing issues. Having the same problems as well though. The funny thing is my friends in the same country as me do not have these issues. Seems to affect people randmomly.

Message 11 of 19 (2,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with enemies disappearing and then spawning a different place. I didn't experience the problem during the open beta, so I thought it was the new drivers for my RTX 2070.

I guess it's a more common problem.

Message 12 of 19 (2,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Also having this issue. I don't have an amazing pc, but one that is at least above minimum specs. I can put some things on high, others med or low. With just a gtx 1050 2gb. It's pretty smooth, but there are a number of issues.

Load Times:

Nothing is worse than waiting that long load, getting in an expedition...but my team already ahead of me. So it immediately starts counting down to teleport me to them...so I have to wait again through another long load screen. Would rather just fly there instead of wasting that much time. I could get to where they are in the time it takes to load.

Objects loading in:

Often times things take a while to load in. Can see layers being added onto objects as it loads. Or things or people not showing until it loads it. Even around Fort Tarsis at times.

Not being able to see enemies:

I've pretty much had to resort to playing private matches because of how embarrassing it is to die when you can't see the enemies. I do that so I can take my time and wait until they load in. Have died multiple times this way or taken a lot of damage.

If they'd just optimize it a bit, maybe this game would be playable. I can see the potential for it performing well, even on my computer. Seems very much playable for me minus these oddities. Unfortunate. Guess I should have waited to resub to premier.

Message 13 of 19 (2,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Also, I'd just like to say that the video where you fly in and your teammates are attacking but you're waiting to actually see the enemies is exactly what it's like for me. Takes about 10 seconds or so and then they finally appear.

Someone on reddit said they'd be fixing this on 22nd launch patch. But I'm not so sure where they heard that or if it's true. Also someone else was having this issue, then moved it onto an ssd and said it worked now. I'm just using an hdd.

My performance is about the same as the video too. It's pretty smooth but there are those oddities like no enemies when you get to the area. Not really sure what is causing it. Some are playing just fine and even with low specs.

Yesterday I was having terrible stuttering problems but I ended up fixing that issue on my own. Updated graphics driver, repaired the game, made sure origin and Anthem both are being ran as admin, and did a hard reset of my computer. (Basically uplugging everything but my mouse, monitor, keyboard. Then shutting down the system and unplugged it. Held the power button down for about 20 seconds.) Fixed my stuttering. Followed this guide: https://pc-mac-help.com/blog/fix-anthem-demo-game-crashing-freezing-and-graphic-issue-on-pc

But yeah, now my main issue is enemies not loading in.

Message 14 of 19 (2,819 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I Followed that guide too and still can´t see the enemies for a while, Hope that the fix in the 22nd launch solve this if its true that it will be released in that date anyway Im very dissapointed of this game 

Message 15 of 19 (2,808 Views)

★ Novice

It's a pain in the butt. Not really limited to just enemies either, sometimes chunks of terrain are missing too until they suddenly appear. Heck, one time I was running in Tarsis to get to the Forge, and the entire Forge model was missing.

Message 16 of 19 (2,294 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well I saw a tweet from one of the developers and I confirm that this bug is related to the HDD speed, so I think that people with the game installed in a SDD doesnt have this issue... And He said that the bug will be fixed on friday 22nd

Message 17 of 19 (2,285 Views)

★ Apprentice

Except that I just experienced it on Xbox One. 

Message 18 of 19 (1,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Eyylimao Me to
Message 19 of 19 (1,145 Views)