Inventory issues

by ScreenName000001

Original Post

Inventory issues

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi,

there is certain object in my inventory that I can't drag out or in. When I ask my Sim to put it in the world, the pop up menu is telling me that this sim does not own this object. I play with no mods and no cheats. Is this a bug? 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac OS
Which language are you playing the game in? French
How often does the bug occur? No specific time
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Get to work and Cottage Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having objects in your inventory and trying to drag them out. 
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't drag some items in or out of my inventory. There is a gray menu telling me this Sims does not own the object. 
What do you expect to see? To be able to drag the item in and out of the inventory. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No specific patch and no changes in the system was made. 

Message 1 of 11 (518 Views)

Re: Inventory issues

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently broken but it helps if you answer the questions anyways.

Also, what kind of items ? There's an open report for flowers

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (512 Views)

Hero
@ScreenName000001 What kind of objects are they ? Any pattern ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (404 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Plants, crystals, metals, sims mini statues ( I play in a different language than English.)

Message 4 of 11 (392 Views)

Hero
@ScreenName000001 Do they get like this right away when you put them in your inventory or after some travelling around ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (382 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After some traveling around.

Message 6 of 11 (377 Views)

Hero
@ScreenName000001 And you get this with every Sim or just a particular one ? Have you tried a new save/sim to see if it happens there too ?

This is to narrow down if it's related to your save or a general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (374 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's hard to say. I play with no cheats at all and no CC. Some other sims I played with had a lot of perfect plants in their garden but it was also not producing any fruits/vegetables (not the same issue I know). So I would says It's with different sims too. 

Message 8 of 11 (372 Views)

Hero
@ScreenName000001 But they also had items getting stuck in their inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (355 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I went and check and they don’t have the issue with their inventory. So far, it’s happening to one of my sims. She is the heir of my Not So Berry challenge so I don’t want to get rid of her.

Message 10 of 11 (347 Views)