Inventory Scrolling - Position remembered too well

by SuperbiaRook

Original Post

Inventory issues since patch

★★★ Apprentice

Two issues with Sims 4 personal inventories since the most recent patch:

1. While scrolling through inventory, occasionally it will get "stuck" -- meaning you can only scroll down so far and no farther, then when you scroll up to the top you get a big blank space. I've been able to clear it by closing the inventory, making another Sim active, then going back to my original Sim but this probably wouldn't work in a single Sim household.

2. When moving items from inventory to place in world, sell or stow away, an item will get "stuck" on the cursor and can't be placed anywhere or put back into inventory, and nothing else can be done -- the only solution is to save, quit the game completely and restart. 

Both problems have been noted on the forums here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/822630/inventory-issues-since-patch

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/810470/hand-keeps-getting-stuck-when-dragging-items-from-...

I removed my mods folder and deleted localthumbcache and still had the issue, plus all my mods are up to date. 

I didn't see this issue anywhere else so thought I'd bring it over here. 

My specs:

iMac 21.5 inch (mid-2011)

2.7Ghz Intel Core i5

16GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Thanks much! 

Message 11 of 18 (2,071 Views)

Re: Inventory Scrolling - Position remembered too well

Hero

@justme22 Merged

The stuck hand cursor icon is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Hand-tool-gets-stuck-patch-1-5/td-p/4449127/

Just hit me too. Good to know that it's a mac issue too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 18 (2,061 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah.. like I said, after a while it resets the inventory position again, it doesn't matter on which tab you are then, just how long you didn't switch to the inventory one then Standard smile

Message 13 of 18 (2,051 Views)

Get ti wiork.....Inventory

★★ Novice

The sims inventory is not functioning correctly. The top of the inventory is empty, and the bottom half wont show....hard to explain.... like the items are stuck half way...so wont show top or bottom , only the middle of the inventory

Message 14 of 18 (2,055 Views)

Re: Get ti wiork.....Inventory

★★★★★ Novice

Here is a quick workaround that works for me.

Before exiting your inventory scroll the inventory all the way to the top, exit the inventory, then go back in.

I know it's aggravating, but this will lessen it just a bit.

Message 15 of 18 (2,003 Views)

Inventory issue

★★★ Novice

I'm having trouble navigating and clearing up inventories. It glitches out and I can't sell off anything or move things somewhere else and the scroll on the inventory even bugs up and has blank spots. When trying to drag an item from inventory to sell the image doubles up and another number appears in black underneath. This has been going on for a while and is only getting worse. I need to clear up their inventories because it's causing the freeze elastic bug as well. 

Message 16 of 18 (1,997 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue and it so annoying. I have so much stuff in my inventory I cant sell or use because I cant get to it. My fish and food are getting foul and I cant sell my harvested garden items. Then when I scroll all the up its blank. Please EA fix this asap.

Message 17 of 18 (1,937 Views)

Hero

• Fixed an issue with the Sim Inventory scrollbar that would cause the inventory to become inaccessible in certain circumstances. You should now be able to scroll up and down.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (2,403 Views)