Inventory Scrolling - Position remembered too well

by SuperbiaRook

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Inventory Scrolling - Position remembered too well

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello world.

First bug report ever, so.. I made a lot of screenshots cause I pretty much don't know how to explain this bug in words.

I started a new game today since I wanted to start over new. I do have CC but nothing script related or inventory related and I updated my game to the latest patch, of course. I tried taking out all of my CC but that didn't resolve the issue.

When I scroll down in my sim's inventory and change the tab to - for example - work and return to inventory then, the scrollbar is at the right position, but the the page starts with the very first items of the inventory. If I scroll upwards then, the inventory above is empty and if I try to scroll down to the last item, I can't reach it cause the scroll bar won't reach it.

If I scroll to the very beginning of the inventory list and change the tab to another and back again, that's no problem. It's merely a nuisance and clearly not expected behavior.

I restarted the game twice and can reproduce the bug (that's how I made the screenshots).

For screenshots of the inventory/process, see the links below:

http://abload.de/img/s4-inventory1txrci.png - Start (inventory, scrolled to the top)

http://abload.de/img/s4-inventory2k9pc7.png - Inventory scrolled down a bit

http://abload.de/img/s4-inventory3uoo9k.png - Switched tab

http://abload.de/img/s4-inventory42cqfa.png - Switched back again (see first items in comparison to start screen)

http://abload.de/img/s4-inventory5icqi9.png - Scrolled all up

http://abload.de/img/s4-inventory69boh5.png - Scrolled all down

Should you need any more details, please don't hesitate to ask.

[Edit 1] Right. GPs/AddOns I have installed are: Holiday Celebration Pack & Life of the Party Digital Content & Outdoor Retreat

[Edit 2] The bug seems to occur in a limited time. If I switch right back to the inventory it happens, should I wait a couple of seconds (can't specify that) it realigns the inventory items properly by the time I switch back to the inventory tab.

Message 1 of 18 (1,007 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Inventory Scrolling - Position remembered too well

Hero

• Fixed an issue with the Sim Inventory scrollbar that would cause the inventory to become inaccessible in certain circumstances. You should now be able to scroll up and down.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,513 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I also have this issue. Only the GetPopulation script mod installed and NoCC.

Message 2 of 18 (974 Views)

Hero

I've seen this too and I believe it to be related to the easter eggs. Can you confirm that it only occurs when you have easter eggs in your inventory ?

Added thought

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (964 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just tried that out.

No, in fact I just sold all of the Easter Eggs I still had in my inventory and the problem is not solved.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Message 4 of 18 (962 Views)

Hero

Did you try going traveling or switch tabs ? Does it come back if you don't add new easter eggs ?

For me, it didn't go away by removing the eggs but switching and traveling made it go away and it only came back when I added a new easter egg.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (960 Views)

★ Apprentice

I didn't try the traveling yet, I tried it with switching tabs from inventory to work/needs/etc and back again.

Not adding new easter eggs is rather difficult while playing the game normally (tending the garden adds at least three for me)  but during an ingame hour it does not resolve the bug to keep the inventory "egg free" whenever I "play" with my inventory to reproduce the bug.

Message 6 of 18 (957 Views)

★ Guide

Even if travelling does make it disappear, it's not an acceptable workaround given the frequency and amount of gardening my sims do.  Appreciate the efforts you have all put into this report, I came here specifically for this issue today.

Message 7 of 18 (950 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think the questions asked so far are meant to make fixing the issue easier rather than be a workaround Standard smile

The more the devs know, the easier it is to find the bug inside the code, after all.

Message 8 of 18 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I've found a workaround that is not too heinous. If you have more than one Sim, switch to the other Sim and back with the inventory tab active. This seems to clear it up (at least temporarily).

Hadn't yet found any Easter eggs when I noticed this glitch, so I don't believe that having them in your inventory makes any difference.

Message 9 of 18 (925 Views)

Hero

You can just switch to another tab (needs, aspiration) that also fixes it. Sometimes not on the first try but it does eventually.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (909 Views)