by nickinbigd

Original Post

Intermediate Ski levels not working

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island, Famous, Seasons, City, Parenthood, Spa, Tiny, Laundry, Patio, Backyard, Movie, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a ski vacation at intermediate ski level
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim is currently a level 5 skier. On a multi day vacation, the first day, he was able to ski intermediate slopes and did so. On the second day, although the intermediate slope options are technically available (not grayed out), once selected, the action simply evaporates from the action queue. The Sim doesn’t wave his arms or show any inability or unwillingness or the existence of an obstruction. He simply stands there. He will ski the easy levels at all intensities but will not do what he did the day before, which was ski the intermediate slope.
What do you expect to see? My Sims ski at all the levels available to them (ie, all options not grayed out actually work)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edited to add: An addendum to this. He is now level 6 and will ski the expert and ludicrous slopes but will still not ski the intermediate slope. 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 1 of 3 (273 Views)

Re: Intermediate Ski levels not working

Hero

@nickinbigd 

Take a look at the intermediate ski slope.  Is there a snowboard or pair of skis stuck anywhere on the slope?  Sometimes NPC sims who are skiing or snowboarding will lose their skis or snowboards when your sims travel out and they get stuck on the slope.  You can also cause it to happen if you cancel skiing or snowboarding while a sim is already doing either to change slopes or intensity or switch between skiing and snowboarding.  When it happens, the slope it happened on will become unusable depending on where the abandoned skis or snowboards are.  Sometimes it will self correct if you travel to another zone and back, but not always.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (223 Views)

Re: Intermediate Ski levels not working

★ Guide

Thanks I finished the vacation but I’ll travel back and see if any of what you mention is the case for me, 

Message 3 of 3 (212 Views)