Interceptor Star Card Rarity Swapped

by rattler6_16sig

Original Post

Interceptor Star Card Rarity Swapped

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug After the latest patch, The rarity of cards for the Interceptor has swapped. Elite Pilot(Epic) and Fire Control Cycler(Rare) rarity swapped. This now made the Elite Pilot I had equipped a Rare and the Fire Control Cycler that I didn't have equipped a Epic. 2 other friends noticed similar issues with their Interceptor cards. I was even killed by an interceptor and he had two Epics and an Uncommon card equipped, which is unusual as most people with Epic cards would not also have uncommon equipped.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Rattler6_16Sig
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 03/21/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 13:10 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Starfighter Assault
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You would have to see if any of the cards in the Interceptor have changed after the patch went live
What happens when the bug occurs? I now have a card at Epic that I didn't make Epic, and I now also have a card that was Epic, which is now Rare.
What do you expect to see? The cards in the rarity that I made before the patch
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

For me, this will all correct itself after I gain Skill Points and apply them to my original cards.  However, some people may be affected worse.

Message 1 of 8 (478 Views)

Re: Interceptor Star Card Rarity Swapped

★ Novice
My epic tuned lasers swapped values with a rare tactical jammer.
Message 2 of 8 (452 Views)

Champion (Retired)

My purple tactical jammer card was downgraded to white, and a white card was switched to purple.  Like rattler said, it doesn't really break the game for me, I'll have the interceptor levelled up again real soon, but it could be indicative of other problems that occurred during this update.  This is one of those bugs that makes me scratch my head...like somebody had to needlessly mess with something in the code for the interceptor cards for this to happen.  (Makes me think of the old joke where computer programmers are promised a bonus for every bug they find and fix, so they write a lot of bugs into the code on purpose, in order to get a lot of bonuses.) 

Message 3 of 8 (438 Views)

Champion

Check your SA star cards. In fact check them all. Some have been modified. Make your claim now before you change any card with a skill point as they may reset and you will get squat for your efforts.

Would not use skill points on any cards yet...

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 4 of 8 (434 Views)

★★★ Novice
Had the same problem on the Xbox One, though I don't see what card it swapped with. It's my Fire Control Cycler card. It was up at epic and now it's down to green (uncommon?) I thought green was rare but maybe that's uncommon.
Message 5 of 8 (401 Views)

★★★ Novice
The best way they can fix this problem is to simply grant us all enough interceptor skill points to rank our star cards back up to where we had them. Like just give everyone 4 or 5 SP for their troubles. Lol
Message 6 of 8 (399 Views)

Champion
I love it. Only issue with that is, that if you are not ranked with Interceptor enough, you won't be able to upgrade the card back to Epic. I only had 3 rares and was ranked 18. Not sure how high you need to be to use the SP's to get Epic fix.
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 7 of 8 (395 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

People have reported this issue a few times, but this description is particularly accurate.  As the poster notes, the rarity of Elite Pilot and Fire Control Cycler are swapped for Interceptor.  This explains why my damage rate felt like it had dropped, as my Fire Control Cycler dropped from Rare from Common, and Elite Pilot (which I don't use) went from Common to Rare.

Message 8 of 8 (368 Views)