Holy input lag Batman!

by RockScorpion384

Original Post

Re: Input Delay on Xbox Apex Legends

★★ Novice

I’ve been playing since season 0 and I have seen them fix multiple problems in the first day or 2 it blows my mind it’s taken soo long to fix a problem that is making the game literally Un playable for so many people, I’ve been thinking about giving up on it because this is ridiculous 

Message 141 of 184 (770 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just wanted to also add my two cents and say that my favorite BR is unplayable on my Xbox series S, going to try the wired option, going on five days and we still don’t have an official statement about it nor a timetable. Might as well get used to it every update it seems. Unreal. 

Message 142 of 184 (747 Views)

★★★ Novice

For those looking for a solution with elite controller..

you nee to downgrade your version..

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/vk1oep/psa_for_all_series_x_players_suffering_especial...

Message 143 of 184 (672 Views)

Holy input lag Batman!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Wtf is wrong with the game. It is virtually unplayable for me atm

i play in xbox Series x and cant play the game without severe amounts of input lag on anything i do anymore. Can you stop adding control into the game!!! everytime it’s available my entire game breaks. Insane input lag and frame drops.

- want to select a legend? Oh! mash the button and hope the game registers it

- want to pick a weapon or attachment or anything up? mash the button and hope the game realises and lets you

- want to buy something in arenas? mash the button and hope the game buys you the gun. Sometimes it buys you something then unbuys you it. Sometimes it buys you it multiple times with 1 button press

- want to talk in match chat? Mash the buttons on the keyboard and hope the game registers the inputs. I have literally pressed on a letter 3-4 times and it still not entered it

- on the lobby screen i am struggling to change between tabs

this game is literally unplayable right now. Fix it

Message 144 of 184 (411 Views)

Re: Holy input lag Batman!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@RockScorpion384I'm watching a game right now where the whole screen besides a few elements like rank, kills, etc. are grayed out (like how it is when you die), it shows only my icon on the left saying my squad is eliminated, and the game won't let me leave.

I just hear the squad wipe sound effect happen every 5-10 seconds, while the spectation view moves a few frames every 10-15 seconds. Each time I hear the squad wipe sound, the teams left goes down a number.

Pretty sure the servers are just trash combind with people DDOSing again. Like, my spectation seems to have been put on someone who's cheating so much, the game can't even show their point of view.

The team that killed me, were using a charge riffle that not only didn't make a single sound, but there was no sniper beams or any kind of effect that showed me or my teammates taking damage to it. All 3 of us died instantly. So, I'm guessing it was someone using the infinite charge riffle hack. (Where its just a continous beam).

I don't know, but I do know the game is basically pointless and not worth playing.

Message 145 of 184 (397 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Kevinskiii87 any solution for those of us with a mac? the xbox app is only available on windows
Message 146 of 184 (643 Views)

@RockScorpion384 It is a known issue we are all frustrated with it. Unfortunately nothing we can do but wait. I saw one post saying if you go wired controller instead of wireless it works. YMMV
Message 147 of 184 (365 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MyName1sNotJohn I can let you know that wired controller don't help the problem.
Message 148 of 184 (351 Views)

Re: Xbox controller missed inputs after update

★★ Novice
@grizwaldbear1 Same here! I can’t play a single game of apex because it’s so bad
Message 149 of 184 (576 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can confirm that an xbox one s controller with the latest firmware has the issue and downgrading it with the same method described a few posts back for the elite 2 controller solves the issue.

Something in the newer firmware that gives the one s controller the same funcionality as the series x controller is causing issues. I remember reading that the new firmware for the ons s controller introduced bluetooth le and it would reduce latency. Maybe the issue is related to that.

Message 150 of 184 (561 Views)