Re: Innocent spouse accused of cheating because NPC is flirty

by HawnaKitty

Original Post

★★ Guide

It's happening to me as well but it didn't start happening until the couple got married. Now it seems my wife Sim is always having to apologize. It's flirty Sims flirting with her or she just has to talk with a flirty Sim. So irritating!

Message 11 of 19 (1,265 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi,

So is this a Mod thing or a Maxis bug thing?   I'm having it too.

My Sim seems to be very popular with the ladies despite keeping to himself, because he is in a relationship.  But the other women keep flirting with him and every time they do, his spouse cracks the $**ts at him!  Not at the sims flirting at him as she should, no... She gets really angry and starts taking it out on him instead of the culprit!  Their relationship suffers and the Sentiments are absolutely inappropriate!  Betrayed, Cheating and even Festering Grudges ffs!    He is innocent!  Why on earth are these affects not applied to the culprit?  Why does the spouse not get angry at the sims that are actually doing the flirting at their partner??? Why are they not becoming enemies and going over and Yelling, slapping or fighting them instead of their innocent partner?  Would that not make more sense???

So now Im going to have to use cheats again to fix yet another issue? So there goes the immersion for serious relationships in the sims.  

Message 12 of 19 (1,116 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having this issue for awhile. It happens every time I play a wedding event. One of the NPC guests inevitably flirts with the newly married couple and it's extremely frustrating. I know I could change the neighbourhood with the wedding venue to 'free love' but I also don't want all the things that come with that at wedding events either. 

I'm curious, does the new loyal trait prevent this from happening? 

Message 13 of 19 (1,023 Views)

★ Guide

Okay so to add to this conversation: My married sim is best friends with Makoa Kealoha and on a whim, I decided to check out the new woohoo partners thing with them. They both have wives but I was curious if there would be consequences.

At some point, during a vacation to Granite Falls, Errol accidentally flirted with Makoa and now they have the romance bar. I flirted them up enough to get the option to just be friends so the romance bar is reset.

Afterward, back home again, Errol decided to ask Makoa to woohoo while Errol's wife, Deanna was in the room. Deanna got jealous. After the ensuing woohoo, Errol promptly apologized to Deanna and she forgave him.

Well, Errol is a 2 Star celeb now and went to a celeb party where he met Dustin Broke. So he decided to throw an incognito costume party and invite all of his friends. The friends list included Makoa, his wife; Lilliana, Dustin and many more.

At the party, Deanna complimented Lilliana's costume (which is a goal) and apparently too much juice and not enough happy time with Makoa or whatnot, because Lilliana took this as a flirt so flirted with Deanna right in front of Makoa, Errol, Dustin and all of Errol's friends.

Errol and Makoa both got angry at their respective spouses and now Errol and Deanna are working through a week long therapy thing to keep the marriage together for themselves and their two daughters!

Again, Deanna did nothing wrong!  As if this wasn't enough, the day after the party, one of Errol's friends texted Deanna for being flirtatious at the party with Lilliana. Deanna was innocent!

Meanwhile, Makoa just came over to visit many days after everything settled down and almost flirted with Errol. I quickly stopped that from happening since I don't want a romantic connection between them at all!

So questions:

1 Does Makoa suddenly flirting with Errol (there were a couple other times before the party but I stopped them as well) have to do with the romance bar being present even though it is reset?

2 Does woohoo partnership outside a romantic traditional relationship make the spouse jealous or was it because of the romance bar being present?

3 In real life, misunderstandings in who flirted with whom exist and are often overblown by drama queens with nothing better to do but is that the intent in the game? If so, that's fine but the innocent should have a chance to defend their self. Especially to their spouse!

Message 14 of 19 (940 Views)

★★ Pro

Ahh ok so that's why this is happening! This has happened a few times and I've been confused as to what's going on because I never really fully saw the thing to follow completely through but things didn't add up because there was an interaction with a married sim and an NPC that were romantically/sexually incompatible within their orientation settings.

Message 15 of 19 (891 Views)

Re: Sim accused of cheating for no reason

★ Guide

My sims hugged his mother and got the caught with another moodlet. Annoying 

Message 16 of 19 (812 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happens all the time, and it seems to be by design for some reason. As if the game cannot see the difference between being flirted with and actively flirting. I could see why a jealous sim might react like that, but I agree that it's way over the top for everyone else. Also I don't like the so called workaround with MCCC. I don't want to turn off random flirting, I want people flirt in game, and yes, even inappropriately so, but I want anger to land in the right place. 

So if sim A flirts with married sim B in front of sim B's spouse, the spouse should be angry with sim A, but only with sim B if sim B flirted back.

Message 17 of 19 (504 Views)

★★★★ Expert

As the OP, I kind of regret accepting a mod-based workaround because our console players can’t do that, and some PC and Mac players choose not to use mods and custom content.

That said, from a thread I read on Twitter with a modder trying to get rid of “Awkward Encounter,” uh… apparently there’s a conversation context and Sims know the conversation context but not who they’re flirty towards, so when she took that out it was CONSTANT flirting/“cheating.” (I also hate that to Sims, a flirty wave is an offense on par with woohooing another.) So I do understand that it would be a tricky fix, but it’s the only thing that’s made me rage-quit the game.

Also, I no longer endorse turning off jealousy in MCCC. It causes other issues. Namely, your Romantic Sims no longer recognize woohoo as romance and become “love-starved.”

Message 18 of 19 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am having this problem too. If my married sim is flirted with in front of their spouse, their spouse becomes angry and has a cheating sentiment with them even when the flirting is rejected. It really bothers me so I hope it can be fixed. 

Message 19 of 19 (164 Views)