Original Post

Accepted Solution

Innocent spouse accused of cheating because NPC is flirty

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? At this point it's easier to say what I don't have. I have all expansion packs, all game packs except Journey to Batuu, an extra heapin' helpin' of stuff packs... All but Laundry, Backyard, Movie hangout, Luxury Party. No kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a happily married couple visit friends or go to a public venue. Have someone who is not your married couple be flirty.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the spouses becomes furious with the "flirty spouse" moodlet and gets a "deeply wounded" sentiment EVEN THOUGH THEIR SPOUSE DIDN'T FLIRT. They're then sometimes autonomously mean to their spouse, causing their relationship to further degrade.
What do you expect to see? If some rando flirts with my spouse and my spouse doesn't reciprocate in any way, I get angry with the rando but not my spouse. The spouse is innocent!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that gave us sentiments, to support Snowy Escape.

Guys.  I understand that in your player base you have a wide variety of opinions on added spice and drama in the game, ranging from "OMG OTP 4-EVA TRUE LOVE ALWAYS" to "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cheating and physical fights are HILARIOUS BRING IT ON!", but I feel like I should choose!  Maybe implement a drama slider in game options.  Wink

My happily married couple went to visit their teen's bestie at his home and brought their child so she could befriend the parents for her Social Butterfly aspiration. Apparently their teen's bestie's mom was feeling flirty, but her husband was also in the room and didn't throw a tantrum, and honestly I'm not convinced she flirted, either.  I feel like the kids didn't need to see their parents turn into an episode of Jerry Springer for no reason.

I've also had this happen on dates, where some rando sat down at the table (rude), butted herself into their conversation (rude!), and flirted with one of the two people on the date and the other one got FLIRTY SPOUSE DEEPLY WOUNDED.  He didn't flirt! some rude rando threw herself at him!  My friend sent her married couple to Granite Falls and the park ranger threw himself at one of her Sims and then stalked him with constant texts and requests for dates until she killed him off.  Despite the target never reciprocating in any way it damaged their relationship. 

Sentiments makes this worse.  I don't know if my Sims noticed that some rando in the vicinity was flirty before sentiments, but now it's BETRAYED DEEPLY WOUNDED!!!!!!!!!!!!! because some dumb rando did something flirty and the spouse didn't reciprocate.

I don't necessarily want to cheat Player onto every Sim I play, but I might because this is absolutely infuriating!

Message 1 of 19 (15,894 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Innocent spouse accused of cheating because NPC is flirty

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Okay, trying to be constructive, LOL, since I posted here partly because I was surprised that no one else had reported it.

If you're willing to cheat:

Control-shift-c to open the console, testing cheats on , and then Traits.equip_trait Player.  If you want extra satisfaction points as well, instead turn on testing cheats and then set their aspiration to Serial Romantic and type Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone  until the aspiration is achieved and the game gives you the Player reward trait. This trait doesn't stop flirting, it just means that no matter what your Sim does their partner(s) won't get jealous. 

Side effect:  I noticed after doing this that, well.  My Sim didn't flirt before, but he did after receiving Player.  Nothing major, just the occasional little flirty wave, and it didn't destroy his marriage which is what matters. 

If you're willing to use mods:

MC Command Center (see the hero-approved mods post) has the option Stop Random Flirting under MC Tuner -> Change Interaction Behavior.  You can also disable jealousy under MC Woohoo -> Woohoo Interactions.  I haven't tested this but CGrant56 suggested Stop Random Flirting and it sounds like it would work.  I also went into MC Tuner -> Change Interaction Autonomy and disabled mean interactions in case it doesn't.  I'll let you know. 

Note:  CGrant56 also pointed out above that if you have other mods that influence flirting or romance interactions they might interfere with these settings.

If you're not willing to use mods (or are on console) or cheats:

Level charisma to 4 or higher and spam "smooth apology"  and "profess undying love" every time it happens until the sentiment goes away. This is more of an annoying workaround than a solution.  UGH.

View in thread

Message 4 of 19 (15,829 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@xochiquetzl_xkvn 

Ok, it happens for me too.  But you can limit the damage as you say you play with mods.  If you have MCCC, then you can adjust it so it isn't quite as bad.  You can't stop it altogether though.  So if you do have MCCC, look at the Tuner module options.  The "Stop Random Flirting" option pretty much stops autonomous flirting.  But if you have other mods that influence flirting, then it might get overridden by the other mod.  I know of one that does that.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 19 (15,850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, after I posted this I went in to MCCC and wandered around and did that AND disabled jealousy in MC Woohoo. I'll let you know if those two options fix it.  (I disabled autonomous mean as well, just in case it doesn't.)

On the other hand, I saw this happen to LilSimsie in her latest short lifespan Legacy challenge episode, and it's also happened to my friend, so I know it's not just me. Despite knowing it's not just me, I didn't see a thread here and I don't think it's intended behavior, so just in case it's happening to someone else who finds it as upsetting as I do... .

In the first save where this happened, it happened on the third gold date for the Soul Mate aspiration (gold already achieved! five romantic gestures to go!) and their romance was deep in the red, so I rage-quit without saving and then cheated Player onto every adult-aged Sim in that save that I play, which solved it in that save.

Message 3 of 19 (15,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Okay, trying to be constructive, LOL, since I posted here partly because I was surprised that no one else had reported it.

If you're willing to cheat:

Control-shift-c to open the console, testing cheats on , and then Traits.equip_trait Player.  If you want extra satisfaction points as well, instead turn on testing cheats and then set their aspiration to Serial Romantic and type Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone  until the aspiration is achieved and the game gives you the Player reward trait. This trait doesn't stop flirting, it just means that no matter what your Sim does their partner(s) won't get jealous. 

Side effect:  I noticed after doing this that, well.  My Sim didn't flirt before, but he did after receiving Player.  Nothing major, just the occasional little flirty wave, and it didn't destroy his marriage which is what matters. 

If you're willing to use mods:

MC Command Center (see the hero-approved mods post) has the option Stop Random Flirting under MC Tuner -> Change Interaction Behavior.  You can also disable jealousy under MC Woohoo -> Woohoo Interactions.  I haven't tested this but CGrant56 suggested Stop Random Flirting and it sounds like it would work.  I also went into MC Tuner -> Change Interaction Autonomy and disabled mean interactions in case it doesn't.  I'll let you know. 

Note:  CGrant56 also pointed out above that if you have other mods that influence flirting or romance interactions they might interfere with these settings.

If you're not willing to use mods (or are on console) or cheats:

Level charisma to 4 or higher and spam "smooth apology"  and "profess undying love" every time it happens until the sentiment goes away. This is more of an annoying workaround than a solution.  UGH.

Message 4 of 19 (15,830 Views)

Sim accused of cheating for no reason

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't even know at this point.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim got the "Unfaithful Love" moodlet, while her partner was helping their adopted daughter with homework. She also got the "Furious about Cheating" sentiment which causes them to autonomously yell at each other leading to their relationship decay even more.
What do you expect to see? Unfaithful Love moodlet shouldn't appear if Sim didn't cheat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updating the game to version 1.72.28.1030

I'm not sure how to get this bug. It happened only once and I was unsuccessful with replicating it myself. None of my Sims have been flirty at the time, and there wasn't any NPC Sims at the lot. Neither one of them have the Jealous trait and they weren't even at the same room. The moodlet appeared out of nowhere and so the sentiment. Before this they were soulmates with full friendship and romance (or it at least looked like full bar), now they're in the negatives.

All of my mods were disabled due to game update and I didn't re-enabled them yet.

Message 5 of 19 (15,821 Views)

Re: Sim accused of cheating for no reason

★★★★ Expert

Does your unfairly accused Sim have a romance bar with anyone other than their spouse?

(This sounds like it could be one of two reports I've seen here...)

Message 6 of 19 (15,779 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn That was the first I checked when the moodlet appeared, but no. He had romance only with his spouse.

(Don't know about it. I didn't find anything like this...)
Message 7 of 19 (15,753 Views)

★ Pro

The only interaction which trigger this moodlet are Kiss (quick social) and WooHoo/Try for Baby (in various locations)

Message 8 of 19 (15,745 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Okay, no romance bar means that, whew! you do NOT have this disturbing bug

This sounds a lot like the one where I marked my workaround as a "solution."  My Sim was having a conversation involving his wife and his friends (Bella and Mortimer Goth).  Bella was feeling flirty, but no one flirted and suddenly my Sim's wife was autonomously being mean to him and accusing him of cheating.  No one flirted! but she had the Very Angry "flirty spouse" moodlet.  The main difference is that no one was flirty in your case. 

There's also a thread with random negative sentiments being applied for no reason here, but a lot of these seem to involve toddlers.  That said, if you think this is the issue you're having, you can send your save to SimGuruNick

Also, apologizing will often remove a negative sentiment. 

Message 9 of 19 (15,729 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This has happened to me twice in the last two families I play on rotation.  Not the extreme because I catch it as soon as one of my sims is mad and make the "bad" sim apologize.  I am not sure I remember the specific scenario in the first family, but in this one, both spouses were taking care of their twin babies and the wife was feeling flirty; she had been flirting with her husband right before the babies needed care.  They have one male, unrelated, friend on the lot, but he wasn't even on the same floor of the house, let alone the same room, and she has no romance bar with said friend.  I'm working on having her apologize and repair the relationship right now.

Message 10 of 19 (15,321 Views)