[Information needed] missing skill points and minus skill points

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: FIFA 22
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? lucxz7
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Pro Clubs
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when you play and collect skill points it randomly puts you into minus skill points
What happens when the bug occurs? it gives you minus skill points and you loose some that you already have and don’t get the ones you gain
What should be happening instead? should be getting your skill points and not loosing previously earned ones

this picture shows the problem  

Message 9 of 313 (26,474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: missing skill points and minus skill points

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey all

Looking through this thread, it's hard to distinguish between situations where the change to XP thresholds for level 11+ (made on Sept 26th UTC time) is doing what was expected, or situations where that are unrelated.

Can those of you that are impacted, please provide answers to the following questions, this will help us investigate this more fully:

• Were you level 11 or higher on, or before Sept 26th?
    • If so, what level were you (or approximate if you can't remember exactly) on that date?
  • If you were level 11 or higher on Sept 26th, can you detail what your experience has been like since that date?
    • Example: Did you only see the impact on your first match played after that date? Do you continue to see impact where you are losing XP/Skill Points/etc?
  • If you were not level 11 or higher on Sept 26th, can you detail what your experience has been?
    • Example: Are you seeing impact only in certain matches or at certain progression levels?
  • Platform / Online ID (Gamertag/PSN/Origin/etc)

As a reminder of what the expected impact was of the XP thresholds change, here is the text that was sent in-game as a refresher.

_____

We have identified an issue with the amount of XP required to reach certain levels in Pro Clubs. We will be making a change to resolve this issue at 01:00 UTC on September 26th.

Once this change is live, players that have Virtual Pros that are level 11 or higher may experience a decrease in their Virtual Pro’s current level. Virtual Pros that are level 10 or lower will not be impacted by this change.

If your Virtual Pro does experience a decrease in their level, the following would also apply:

Skill Points:

- Previously earned Skill Points, both allocated and unallocated, will remain the same as before the change, as long as the deallocate action is not taken.

- If Skill Points are deallocated, a Virtual Pro will only be able to receive back the maximum Skill Points that would be available for their new/current level.

- To mitigate the impact of this, make sure you have fully assigned all earned Skill Points in each Play Style before the change is live.

Perk Slots:

- Previously unlocked Perk Slots in a Play Style that have a Perk equipped in them will remain unlocked.

- If you have Play Styles where you have not yet equipped a Perk into a previously unlocked Perk Slot, and that Perk Slot would no longer be available for your Virtual Pro’s new/current level, that Perk Slot will now be locked.

- To mitigate this, make sure you update all Play Styles with the desired Perks before the change is live.

Perks

- Previously unlocked Perks, that are equipped into Perk Slots, will remain equipped and will still function in gameplay as described.

- If you have Perks that are equipped into Perk Slots, that would no longer be available for your Virtual Pro based on their new/current level, those Perks will not be removable until you have reached the level by which they unlock.

- To mitigate this, make sure you have set up each of your Play Styles with the Perks that you want to use before the change is live.

EDIT: Accepting this post as a solution in order to give it more visibility, we do not consider this issue resolved at this time. 

Personal Twitter - @DoonansNDragons

Work Hard / Play Hard

View in thread

Message 209 of 313 (22,978 Views)

All Replies

Fifa 22 Pro clubs points glitch

★ Apprentice

Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? SublimedArc22
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t spend points
What should be happening instead? Be able to spend points

Just played a game of pro clubs backed out after the game to find I had -1 skill points????. I mean for the love of god how can the point system be broken at this stage of development?. 

Message 1 of 313 (26,766 Views)

Pro Clubs - Skill Points

★★★★★ Apprentice

Entered the pro clubs and from 15 level I hot dropped to 10. After this happened, I restarted the game, level came back to 15 but I have -9 skill points. 

Message 2 of 313 (26,306 Views)

Re: Pro Clubs - Skill Points

★★★ Novice
@FN-Woken Same issue here. Went up to level 15. Awarded 2 skill points and it now says -8 skill points
Message 3 of 313 (26,264 Views)

Re: Fifa 22 Pro clubs points glitch

★★★ Novice

Any fix for this EA I paid for this game only for pro clubs and now my character is at a disadvantage really silly bug to be in the game now I dont even want to play cus leveling up is useless please fix this

Message 4 of 313 (26,483 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exactly same only bought for pro clubs don’t want the game I want a refund as there is no point in playing it with minus 12 points 

Message 5 of 313 (26,451 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This minus point bug happening and fixing randomly after match.

I think recent pro club update broke XP table.

Message 6 of 313 (26,423 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What it sorts itself out? 

Message 7 of 313 (26,400 Views)

Max skill points

★★★ Novice

Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? JAMMY H0B0
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Skill points are very buggy and constantly have me in the minus 12. Also speaking on behalf of everyone who plays clubs we all strongly disagree that 65 skill points is extremely low for the current fifa it needs to be raised I can't see the game mode population very well for this reason. Now I know EA don't care much for pro clubs but it is a big part of the reason as to why people also buy fifa.
What happens when the bug occurs? Read the above stated
What should be happening instead? Fix the minus skill point glitch and also raise skill points back to 110 instead of 65. The skill trees cost way too much

I'm currently level 24 and I know the next level is max and you get an additional 4 skill points.  

Message 8 of 313 (26,291 Views)

Re: missing skill points and minus skill points

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue

Message 10 of 313 (26,376 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help