Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Info request] Aiming randomly drifts or moves on consoles

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When moving around and looking around, my aim suddenly drifts to the left.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MrFigsworth
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 10/04/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 11:30 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not exactly sure. It seems completely random. What I can say for certain is that it seems to happen near enemies, objects, or corners. With fair regularly when I'm moving around and looking around at the same time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The best way I have of describing it is that it acts as if aim assist is turned on. Though, it has not consistency, it's completely random. I have it turned off. However from what I understand, aim assist only functions when you hard-aim/aim-down-sight. This is happening even when hip-aiming/just aiming around and moving normally.
What do you expect to see? A fix for the bug, unless it's caused by something I did in which case I would like to see someone tell me how to fix it.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number None, I am on console.

This bug happens around objects where it seems like someone is behind them. Between small crevices in the environment where someone might be seen through them. It locks onto corners and edges. I've noticed when in a starfighter, it actually does function like aim assist when hard aiming. My targeting reticle drifts to various targets when I only want to aim at one. The thing is, I noticed that aim assist when turned off worked properly before the recent patch. My aim wouldn't drift at all as either a trooper or starfighter. Ever since the recent patch that seems to be an issue. What makes it more annoying is it seems to be happening even when not hard aiming. I'm actually getting really frustrated and the game is not fun at all when my reticle keeps getting pulled in random directions (Mostly to the left).

Message 1 of 64 (22,094 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Aiming randomly drifts or moves

Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone!

Our developers are still looking into this problem and really appreciate your help so far!

Once again, we would be very grateful if you could provide as many details as you can when replying to this thread. I'm going to quote EA_Atic questions here again:

• What game mode do you get the issue? 
  • What console do you have? (Original, S or Elite)
  • What controller do you have? (Original, costume, elite or third party brand - if yes, which brand exactly?) 
  • How long does it take in-game play time before you notice the drifting issue starting? 

It would be great if you could record and post any videos for our devs to analyse.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to collect information for us!

[This post has been marked as the accepted solution only for better visibility]

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 29 of 64 (22,399 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Yep, I reported this for Arcade too. The crosshair now moves to the upper left or jumps around randomly instead of staying in place. The last patch on 9/25 which was released without any QA (as always) caused this.

Message 2 of 64 (22,007 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh, okay, glad it isn't just me. I was beginning to worry. I did notice that it moved to the upper left slowly when I was using Captain Phasma. I would like to keep this thread alive and going. So that we can know that it will be addressed. That way it doesn't get left by the wayside. Though given your comment about QA, perhaps it won't matter. Which would honestly be a shame. The game has improved so much since release. It is a little disappointing, but not overly much so, that they still can't get their act together and release non buggy patches.
Message 3 of 64 (22,000 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah it's a glitch everybody experiences with the game and you would think that it would be a day one fix being that it's the core part of the game is shooting and yet it still is not fixed.

Message 4 of 64 (21,865 Views)

★★ Guide

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A SETTING IN THE GAMEPLAY SETTINGS THAT COMES TURNED ON THAT WILL CAUSE THIS ISSUE TOO.  AIM ASSIST PROBABLY NEEDS TO BE TURNED OFF.

AIMASSIST.png

Message 5 of 64 (21,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm experiencing the same exact issue when I go to play campaign or even online it will drift and drag sometimes slowly or fast away wile aiming and it's getting very annoying as this game is amazing but a bug like this needs to be addressed and 100% dealt with cause it's taking alot of fun and experience away cause as mentioned before aiming is kind of a big deal in these type of games lol so yeah it needs to be dealt with permanently and no buggy patch for it.

Message 6 of 64 (21,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And yes I know the response will be " have you tried turning off auto aim" as said above from other people they have turned it off as well as I have with my issues it being off and still it acts as if it still wants to drift and auto aim and do as the aiming darn well pleases.

Message 7 of 64 (21,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@WhiskeYxDelta

Do you have a possible malfunctioning controler?  Have you tried using another.  I know the sticks on my Wii U controller gets dusty inside and will list to a side.

Message 8 of 64 (21,742 Views)

★ Guide
@Centennialpigon I don't think dust is the issue. I got this bug for the first time yesterday and I'm able to recreate it. I was doing the 'Only Hope Can Save Them' battle scenario.

What I did was go into a corner, and move very slightly outwards. Then I'd stay still and the crosshatch would move. I had never seen it before.
Message 9 of 64 (21,591 Views)

★ Guide

I see.  I just know from experience that the joysticks grind against the outer casing of the controller making that aforementioned dust.  Though ive as yet to see it with the xbox controllers.  Just my 2 cents.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  ; p

Message 10 of 64 (21,581 Views)