Season 6 graphics issue - black screen/texture

★★★ Pro

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce 1050Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Noob_Chemist
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Caustic
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. normal playing and walking in the map
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 8/18/2020
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I can not see map clearly, it turns into a completely black surface.
What should be happening instead? Map should be in its normal colors.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know to be honest, maybe you can update and enter a game and see if this happens to you or not.

This is the 3rd time.

This happens after last 3 season updates.

Texture and map turns into black and usually I have to verify files and download another 13~15GB to fix this, but why?

I attached a photo (teammate's names covered intentionally, but you can see the black texture, especially on the left side of the attached photo).

Message 31 of 47 (4,344 Views)

Re: Season 6 graphics issue - black screen/texture

★★★ Pro

I attached 3 more photos of the issue.

Message 32 of 47 (4,269 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Alphabets I had this issue too as I posted the same issue with photos as well .. makes the game almost unplayable sometimes.
Message 33 of 47 (4,258 Views)

★★★ Pro
@NE0N_SPEKTER Go to "My Games Library" on Origin, then click on setting and select repair, it will take 20 min to check your files, then you have to download about 16 GB files (happens after scan), it should fix the issue. This fixed the issue in the last two seasons, I'm currently downloading the repair files, and I'm 70% sure this will fix the issue.

I really do not understand why they did not address and work out this issue after 3 seasons.
Message 34 of 47 (4,213 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Alphabets works 100% I had the same issue and that fixed it.
Message 35 of 47 (4,195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Alphabets Thanks - right now its showing  I needed to download 44.71 GB for the repair !?!?!? this is ridiculous 

Message 36 of 47 (4,160 Views)

★★★ Pro
@NE0N_SPEKTER That is usually the amount of files it needs to scan, the repair package is usually around 15GB. In my case, it said 67GB at first, but after 20 min it started to download a 16.7 GB package. I have a very slow speed internet and I’m still waiting for it to finish downloading the repair...
Message 37 of 47 (4,106 Views)

Re: Black map/blank textures

EA DICE Team

Hey folks,

If you are experiencing this issue and troubleshooting doesn't help, could you please create an > Origin Error Report < and post the ID in this thread? 

We'll investigate based on your Error Reports.

Thank you,

Message 38 of 47 (2,718 Views)

World's Edge completely black around me. Game repair restarts.

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ImNephix
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. World's Edge (The entire map)
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Grabbing loot
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2020-08-19
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The entire map blacks out around me, so I can only see pickups and the outlines of buildings etc.
What should be happening instead? Everything should be displayed properly.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea unfortunately. I wish I could say, but it might be a corrupt file. I can't repair the game because it just restarts the repair every time.

Since Season 6 started the map textures have been missing for me on World's Edge. I've tried to repair the game several times now for 2 whole days, but every time I try it get's stuck eventually and just restarts itself. 

Message 39 of 47 (2,770 Views)

Re: World's Edge completely black around me. Game repair restarts.

★★★ Newbie

I have been having this same issue since the Season 6 patch. The game will play normal, but everywhere i look all i see is black patches here and there or even walls and floors missing. It allows me to see inside buildings or causes me to not be able to see the building at all just a black blob. It is really frustrating and very hard to focus on the game when everything keeps phasing in and out. Looking forward to this being fixed. Good Luck until they fix it. 

Message 40 of 47 (2,738 Views)