[Info Needed] Where's the Network Prompt since November 19 2019

by SimGuruMaaike

Original Post

[Info Needed] Where's the Network Prompt since November 19 2019

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hey everybody!

Let’s talk about the Where’s the Network prompt. We’re definitely aware that some of you rarely or frequently see/saw this popup. We’ve made changes in the backend that should help with this, you should see it less or not at all any more.

If you see this prompt more than once since November 19 2019 it would be very helpful for our investigation if you can provide the following information:

1. Date and time you saw this prompt?

2. What is your player ID?

3. How often do you see this prompt?

If you see it more often than rarely, please give an indication out of 10 times you load the game, how many sessions do you receive this prompt?

4. What were you doing in the game when this happened?

For example: Changing to another district, loading the game from the background, playing an event, redecorating house, giving a sticker. 

5. Did pressing retry help?

If not, did you have to restart the game? 

6. WiFi or Cellular connection?

7. Please run a speedtest [Speedtest app for example] on the device you play the game on and share this information:

• Ping:
  • Jitter:
  • Download Mbps:
  • Upload Mbps:

8. Device and Firmware? 

9. Location?

Country, please don't mention a specific city. If you can share if you were in a populated area with good mobile service or a more rural area, that would be interesting to know too! 

Thanks in advance for the information!

-SimGuruMaaike

Message 1 of 55 (7,754 Views)

Re: [Info Needed] Where's the Network Prompt since November 19 2019

★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruMaaike Experiencing this on both of my accounts. Usually after a huge EA server outage.
1. Idk it’s random. My main account I bought a Currency deal pack from the store and then my game started loading very slow and then it progressed to not loading at all. Also another currency pack offer came up twice immediately after I bought the 1st one (Still there) Second account I had no issues with “Where is the network” then my phone died for a while and I when I tried to load the game it just won’t load at all anymore..
2. EA help and Sim guru on twitter has my player IDs
3. 100% of the time, my game is not playable!
4. Mostly happened during the Halloween haunt event and sweet treat..
5. No pressing retry doesn’t do anything.
6. My main account: WiFi & Cellular My other account is always on WiFi.
7. Every other app works just fine,I’m only having connection issues with Sims Mobile.
Message 2 of 55 (7,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

1. November 21, 2019 at 7:59pm PST. Continued for a minute or two. 

2. I will be happy to share via direct messaging, and I have previously shared my player ID via DM.

3. For the first time since November 19, so it is probably 0 out of 10 since I log in hundred times a day. 

4. Finished one of the Family events with a child, promoted the child to be an adult, decided to do a makeover and then the error popped up. When I logged back in (by force closing the game and opening it again), I still needed to click the pink mark that family event is done and promote the child  (so it did not register those actions before). 

5. Yes, the error popped up again. 

6. Both

7. Ping: 28ms; Download: 45.48Mbps; Upload: 9.61Mbps 

8. iPhone Xs, 13.2.3

9. USA

Message 3 of 55 (7,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaike

since a few days I have the network problem now and then. It wasn't bad enough to report this issue. But today it was really annoying. No matter what I'm doing: I was kicked out or sometimes I don't get a connection to the server.
It kicked me out in the normal gameplay. There was no pattern to recognize. In the buildmode, at the CAS, scrolling through my house ... 

It doesn't matter if I use wifi or mobile data. Pressing retry helped a few times, not every time.
I didn't write every time down, because it was too often. Last time 3:30 a.m.  (24th) and another time was at 10:20 p.m. (23th) (UTC+1)

Player ID: 1003157673753

Wifi:
Download: 41 mbps
Upload: 22 mbps
Jitter 2 ms
Ping 13 ms

LTE
Download: 43,6 mbps
Upload: 5 mbps
Jitter 1 ms
Ping 22 ms

Oh, sorry! Missed the device! 

Samsung Galaxy S10 - Android 10

Message 4 of 55 (7,372 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Player ID 1003266403217

This started on 11/24 around 1a.m. EST.

It is frequent...about 9/10 times.

Playing on Galaxy S10 with Wifi.

I was in the middle of a LlamaZoom Quest.

After finally being able to get into the game, I made it to the last wvent needed to complete when a message popped up. "Could not load messages".

Then it froze. And, I started getting the network message/ not loading again.

I have tried shutting it down/completely closing the app, but to no avail. The Retry does not help either.

I'm in the United States in an area with great cell service and I've never had an issue with my internet/Wifi.

Message 5 of 55 (7,321 Views)

★★ Novice

1.11/24 PM4:05 (UTC+8)

2.ID=1004056933378

3. 0 out of 15 since I log in hundred times a day.

4. It's happened when I want to enter the game.

5. Yes, the error popped up again and again.

6.BOTH

7.Ping: 30ms; Download: 49.55Mbps; Upload: 9.61Mbps  

8. SONY XPERIA 5 (Android 8.2)

9.TAIWAN

Message 6 of 55 (7,320 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@EpicRedly @T21GymnastMom29 @ellesime1984 We had an outage yesterday around the time you posted in this thread, are you still receiving this where's the network popup now? 

Message 7 of 55 (7,197 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimGuruMaaike I could enter game thx!!!
Message 8 of 55 (7,194 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimGuruMaaike I think it was the fault of the outage. It works fine now. Standard smile Thanks. (Should I delete my post to keep the topic clean?)
Message 9 of 55 (7,174 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@EpicRedly no need to delete Standard smile its still good information

Message 10 of 55 (7,138 Views)