Re: [Info Needed] Where's the Network Prompt since November 19 2019

by Darkhuntress2000

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

1.13 Jan 2020,12.40 pm

2. Id: 1004294953171

3.I see it quite often,atleast 1every other day

4. I was opening sweet treat box when I got it and had to quit the game as retry didn't work and when I opened the game again all the sweet treat tokens and royal tokens were gone.

5. Pressed retry more than once and it didn't work

6. Cellular connection

• ping:42
  • Jitter:17
  • Download 14.3mbps
  • Upload .48mbps

8.Redmi note 4 and miui global 11.0.2

9.India

Message 21 of 55 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Pro

Can we please fix this. This happens every day at least 20 times in my game. I don't know why you do updates and not fix this. I miss out on extra Royal tokens, or lose my Royal tokens because of this. Because I have to close out the game  to stop where's the network popping up, it never loads back into the game. I know I'm not alone in this.

Message 22 of 55 (1,109 Views)

Sweet Treat Showdown Not Working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XR
OS Version 13.3
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) [SN]PianXtremeYT
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time I get to level 8 of the Sweet Treat Showdowns, I get this message saying, "Where is the Network?" This has happened every time I got to level 8, which was about 6 times. At first, I decided to leave it be, but now I am really irritated by it. I have good wifi and a strong internet, but the game still decides to crash on this occasion.
What do you expect to see? Either of these options: 1. compensation for my losses (2500 ST tokens & 50 RT tokens) 2. the bug to be fixed before the next STS 3. Since the STS is over, Simcash or Simoleons for my account
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America
Additional feedback

Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XR
OS Version iOS 13.3
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) [SN]PianXtremeYT
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time I get to level 8 of the Sweet Treat Showdowns, I get this message saying, "Where is the Network?" This has happened every time I got to level 8, which was about 6 times. At first, I decided to leave it be, but now I am really irritated by it. I have good wifi and a strong internet, but the game still decides to crash on this occasion.
What do you expect to see? Either of these options: 1. compensation for my losses (2500 ST tokens & 50 RT tokens) 2. the bug to be fixed before the next STS 3. Since the STS is over, Simcash or Simoleons for my account
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States of America
Additional feedback

Message 23 of 55 (1,068 Views)

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

Hey everybody!

Let’s talk about the Where’s the Network prompt. We’re definitely aware that some of you rarely or frequently see/saw this popup. We’ve made changes in the backend that should help with this, you should see it less or not at all any more.

If you see this prompt more than once since November 19 2019 it would be very helpful for our investigation if you can provide the following information:

1. Date and time you saw this prompt?

2. What is your player ID?

3. How often do you see this prompt?

If you see it more often than rarely, please give an indication out of 10 times you load the game, how many sessions do you receive this prompt?

4. What were you doing in the game when this happened?

For example: Changing to another district, loading the game from the background, playing an event, redecorating house, giving a sticker. 

5. Did pressing retry help?

If not, did you have to restart the game? 

6. WiFi or Cellular connection?

7. Please run a speedtest [Speedtest app for example] on the device you play the game on and share this information:

• Ping:
  • Jitter:
  • Download Mbps:
  • Upload Mbps:

8. Device and Firmware? 

9. Location?

Country, please don't mention a specific city. If you can share if you were in a populated area with good mobile service or a more rural area, that would be interesting to know too! 

Thanks in advance for the information!

-SimGuruMaaike

@SnPianXtremeYT I've merged your post with a post about the Where's the Network prompt, could you answer the questions asked by SimGuruMaaike?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 24 of 55 (1,011 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

1. Date and time you saw this prompt? Whenever I leave the game in the background and go back to it. It will ask me “Where is the Newtork?”

What is your player ID? 1004206989969

3. How often do you see this prompt? Every time I try to continue the game after keeping it in the background.

4. What were you doing in the game when this happened? Loading from background

5. Did pressing retry help? No. Have to restart.

6. WiFi or Cellular connection? WiFi 

7. Please run a speedtest - see attached - 298 mps

8. Device and Firmware?  IPad Pro 2018 12”.  13.3.1

9. Location? Major California city. Excellent mobile service

Message 25 of 55 (936 Views)

Can't purchase in App. Not leveling up.

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung A50
OS Version 8
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004937986611
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1 pt I'm sooo frustrated! I spend a lot of money on this game each month. I was in the STS earlier today and needed Sim Cash. I tried to purchase a featured pack and when I click on it the screen would just load for several minutes before displaying the famous Network Error. I literally spent all afternoon trying to figure this out. I lost out on several hours of STS and Llama Zoom tasks. I have Force Closed the app, restarted the phone, cleared the cache in Play Store and Google Games. I have even tried switching up my payment method and I also bought Google Play Credit. Nothing changes the fact that when I click to buy something, the screen just loads. I sent an email to EA. I got a response back saying to check the forum. I did that and couldn't find an answer. So I sent a Facebook Message to EA. The gentleman responded and said it's an issue he's not familiar with so I need to post here. If I can't get a response I'm done with this game and with EA. Also, do the levels go above and 50? I hit level 50 about two weeks ago and haven't leveled up since. I have a full blue line but nothing happens. 
What do you expect to see? Does the game go above level 50? I want to be able to purchase in app content like before.
Connection Type Wifi
Country United States
Additional feedback 1 pt I'm sooo frustrated! I spend a lot of money on this game each month. I was in the STS earlier today and needed Sim Cash. I tried to purchase a featured pack and when I click on it the screen would just load for several minutes before displaying the famous Network Error. I literally spent all afternoon trying to figure this out. I lost out on several hours of STS and Llama Zoom tasks. I have Force Closed the app, restarted the phone, cleared the cache in Play Store and Google Games. I have even tried switching up my payment method and I also bought Google Play Credit. Nothing changes the fact that when I click to buy something, the screen just loads. I sent an email to EA. I got a response back saying to check the forum. I did that and couldn't find an answer. So I sent a Facebook Message to EA. The gentleman responded and said it's an issue he's not familiar with so I need to post here. If I can't get a response I'm done with this game and with EA. Also, do the levels go above and 50? I hit level 50 about two weeks ago and haven't leveled up since. I have a full blue line but nothing happens. 

See above details.

Message 26 of 55 (946 Views)

Re: Can't purchase in App. Not leveling up.

@melaniewerner09 I've merged your post with a post about this issue, @SimGuruMaaike is still collecting more information on the issue, if you have a peek at the first post you can see a list of questions, could you answer those?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 27 of 55 (910 Views)

I'm usually getting the Where's the Network prompt when I leave the app running in the background, it seems to always fix itself with a force close of the app.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 28 of 55 (878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

1/30/2020 at around 7 p.m.

It is frequent. More than 10 times a day. 

I opened the app and it took a very long time to load but to no avail. I log in several times a day. 

No. I pressed it several times. I cleared cache, uninstalled the app, force close it and even restarted my phone.

Cellular connection

7. Please run a speedtest [Speedtest app for example] on the device you play the game on and share this information:

LTE
Download: 43,6 mbps
Upload: 5 mbps
Jitter 1 ms
Ping 22 ms

8. Device and Firmware? 

Samsung Galaxy s7 

Model: SM-G930T

Android 

9. Location?

United States 

Message 29 of 55 (869 Views)

★★★ Novice

Daily since downloading in December

About 9/10 times on the first open, and 1/10 on the second attempt after restarting (I open many times/day and see it almost every time, restart, then get in fine)

Rarely during gameplay unless I keep it active without doing anything, usually when opening (sims in the middle of events) or trying to purchase something

If not, did you have to restart the game? 

No. Typically I open the game, hit the network error, close it, open again, then get in fine

Happens on both

• Ping: ?
  • Jitter: ?
  • Download Mbps: 58.2
  • Upload Mbps: 58.4
  • Latency: 11 ms

8. Device and Firmware? 

iPhone XR 13.3.1

9. Location?

US, major city

Message 30 of 55 (864 Views)