Re: Infinte loading in Mission 9

by urbob1

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Glad to hear this finally got resolved. I was very close to giving up. In fact, I had already called and asked for a refund, but couldn't obtain it because i wasn't in front of my PC at the time and couldn't prove I was experiencing the problem. This was terribly handled by EA. only a single update on this thread informing us and giving us an ETA on the fix would have pacified us. This has soured me of EA quite a bit and I will think twice before buying any further titles from them. Paralyzing hundreds of players out of the singleplayer for almost a month is pretty bad, and leaving us all in the dark about weather a solution is truly on the horizon is worse. Despite this resolution, my take-away remains that we cannot take their stated requirements on face value. EA should now be on a "wait till it is player tested first" basis, because we can't depend upon EA to properly Alpha or Beta test their products before launch. Poor form EA.

Message 521 of 539 (966 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Gollumisback I'm not an expert, but it seems you have only 1GB VRAM (your DxDiag.txt file says "Dedicated Memory: 984 MB")
Maybe that's actually below minimum specs, after all?
Message 522 of 539 (949 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tryed it again, it finally worked.

Thanks for solving this.

Message 523 of 539 (867 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@JaviWan1138 the problem is that minimum specs only says GPU chip but not VRAM that is needed:

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 1300X or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): i5 6600k or Equivalent
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics card (AMD): Radeon HD 7850 or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 660 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: Broadband Connection
Hard-drive space: 40 GB

@Gollumisback actually is above the minimum with the GTX 750, but the VRAM is the key point in this issue.
This update 1.3 fixed for those who have 2GB VRAM GPU. Maybe EA needs to revisit the game for 1GB cases.
Message 524 of 539 (841 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Hartac If you are still having problems at the Anti-Cheat stage, did you get any messages about difficulties installing any of the update files?
I did, and when I retried the update seemed to continue, eventually failing with the Anti-Cheat launcher saying the game file was corrupt.
Take a look at this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/squadrons-update-failure/td-p/9571394
Message 525 of 539 (839 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the fix, but a little to late.  I'm over this game and not interested in playing it anymore.  

Message 526 of 539 (779 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've worked with the EAC troubleshooting. So have several other people, with no positive results. If it's a problem with EAC, it seems like something we users can't control.

Message 527 of 539 (738 Views)

★★ Novice

@SithLord-Benja thank you for summarizing the facts. I couldn't have done it better Wink

I was supprized to hear it might have something to do with the hardware specs.

I even checked before buying the game.

Also it seems unlogical that I can play the mission 1-8 and multiplayer without any performance issues but at mission 9 it seems to be a problem.

So I am still not sure if the problem actually is a hardware problem.

I hope that they'll fix this issue for me as well...

Message 528 of 539 (673 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Oh lord...well, I WAS super excited that it was fixed...but then I got infinite loading in Mission 14. I QUITE LITERALLY CANNOT WIN.

Message 529 of 539 (639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem however I was told it was fixed in the Mandalorian Update but haven't seen any difference. I have waited at this loading screen for 20 minutes and nothing happen.

Message 530 of 539 (557 Views)