Re: Infinte loading in Mission 9

by urbob1

Original Post

Re: Open Letter to EA Staff RE: Mission 9 & Communication

★★★★★ Apprentice
@iansco1 Not at all! I'm just trying to make sense of what's going on and my fear is they rushed minimum spec testing and shot themselves in the foot and don't have a practical way of fixing it. If they can't, we need refunds instead of getting strung along.
Message 461 of 539 (695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So apparently the latest patch ought to have fixed the bug, sadly this is not the case. When can we expect the bug to be fixed?

Message 462 of 539 (678 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@keen3y3
It seems that not since there is no more communication from EA. And for worse they announce for the 28 a patch for Scuadrons but only mention that they add cosmetics based on The Mandalorian.
Message 463 of 539 (642 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PanzerRulez529 The most recent patch I have found was three weeks ago, see https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/squadrons-update-failure/td-p/9571394 for my problems with patching from that date. I still don't see anything more recent, or any announcement of when we expect the next patch, and that patch definitely did not fix the loading problem this thread is about.
I just checked in General Discussion and the most recent patch mentioned in there is 1.2, from 15th October. I did see a comment referring to 1.3, but when I followed the link it just seems to be some goodies available, not an actual patch.
Message 464 of 539 (642 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

this is getting nowhere........

Message 465 of 539 (628 Views)

★ Apprentice

@keen3y3 wrote:
@WagRhodes13If the problem was the VRAM, then how is it that we can play mission 1 to 8 and multiplayer and all other aspects of the game but get stuck loading on mission 9? (on more that minimum required spec pc's)
This is the question that is Darth Plaguing us all!!!
If I had the money, I would purchase a 4gb GPU just to see if it will sort it out. But I dont have the money so I will never know! But thank you for your input. Just wish EA management would communicate.... sigh

I have two almost identical computers. the only difference is the graphic card.

Setup 1: GeForce 960 GTX 2 GB game stops at level 9

2: GeForce 1650 GTX 4 GB level 9 starts after a few seconds.

I was able to finish the game with the second system, but after all I'm  really disappointed.  I bought it for the single player mode which is more enhanced tutorial than a real story. Switched back to X-Wing Alliance with recent mods and graphic updates. Much more fun...

Message 466 of 539 (556 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I see the game is now being offered at a 25% discount now … bad sign all round.

Message 467 of 539 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@wildmannz logico ahora se quieren quitar el problema de encima vendiendole el juego a otros pobres como nosotros mas barato para amortizar la gran decepcion al publico , probablemente solo seamos un 5% del total , pues seremos los de tarjetas de 2 gb pero somos clientes y tenemos derecho a quejarnos a replica y si no hay solucion a un desembolso de lo pagado al igual que ocurriria si compramos en una tienda un articulo defectuoso siempre nos devolveran el dinero si no hay solucion , pero con compañias que hacen de internet su sede para reventar a los clientes no se yo , tengo 50 años llevo jugando juegos de starwars desde los 90 pues me gusta la saga , pero en mi dilatada experiencia nunca habia tenido un problema asi nunca y menos un silencio como respuesta de la compañia , la verdad que en el siglo 21 aun haya gente actuando impunemente contra sus clientes con lo dificil que es conseguirlos con la gran oferta que hay no lo entiendo , esperaremos al dia 29 a ver ese famoso parche y si no habra que estructurar algo para darles donde mas les duela que es las redes sociales
Message 468 of 539 (636 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@fNX05-04-77 todos pensamos lo mismo y que no nos tomen como idiotas . como es que ejecutamos 8 capitulos sin problemas y el 9 no , seguro que del 1 al 8 tambien habra picos altos de vram utilizada , y de no ejecutarse el juego por la vram seria desde el minuto uno , asi que quien la ha cagado es la compañia con sus usuarios que creo que dejaran de serlo en breve despues de el reembolso que habran de hacer y espero que lo hagan si no hay solucion. recuerdo jugar la historia de battlefront 2 sin problema alguno asi que esto es una cosa que nunca habia experimentado
Message 469 of 539 (638 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello Guys! A guy on the steam fórum read this:

"On EA forums i found info that it is connected to 2 GB VRAM cards, at home i have Geforce 660 (2GB vram) got stuck at loading. Borrowed 4 GB geforce from work - it worked - passed mission - returned to my old card, rest of campaign works fine... try that, give info back if it truely is a working solution for you too"

Message 470 of 539 (634 Views)