Original Post

Infinite loading when initiating fight

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S9+
OS Version 8.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Some connection issues make game unresponsive (infinite loading)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country

Initiated attack on Territory War and got an infinite loading screen. After few minutes turned airplane mode on and off, and got error message with ErrorCode 9.57. After restarting attacking squad was marked as used. If this is connection issue, why connection error message isn't displayed so that I can instantly check my connection, why the application reacts in the worst possible manner — going into unresponsive mode?

photo_2019-01-16_20-41-55.jpg
Message 1 of 5 (369 Views)

Re: Infinite loading when initiating fight

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, thanks for the report. In order to investigate this further can you please provide the following information as well:
- Ally Code:
- Date of the occurrence:
- Own and enemy squad composition:

Thank you.
Message 2 of 5 (342 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ally code: 488-317-721

Date of the occurrence: 16 Jan, 19:35-19:40 UTC
My squad: JTR, BB8, R2D2, Sun Fac, Geonosian soldier

Enemy squad: Bossk, Boba, 3 other bounty hunters (don't remember exactly since fight didn't happen)

Message 3 of 5 (329 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Thanks for the additional information. It looks like the squad you used didn't have any banned characters in it and after reviewing your account for the approximate time of the occurrence there are no unusual errors server side. It looks like this was a one off connection issue. Do you have Lookout Security VPN installed on your device by any chance? Or any other VPN service? Because if so, this might cause these connection issues in the game and I'd recommend disabling them while playing SWGoH. We've had several reports from other players who were getting connection error and after disabling the Lookout VPN the issue did not reoccur.
Message 4 of 5 (315 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have "1.1.1.1" app installed, but it is disabled. No other similar services are used. But thanks for warning about VPN.
Message 5 of 5 (291 Views)